Are you an English language professional based in Lagos seeking rewarding work on a part-time basis? Have you considered joining the network of more than 7000 IELTS examiners worldwide who assess the speaking skills of non-native English language users?
Working as an IELTS Examiner at MOD Education Nigeria
IELTS is the world’s most popular high stakes English language test. With more than 200 IELTS test locations worldwide, IDP Education is a proud owner of IELTS, alongside the British Council and Cambridge English Language Assessment.
MOD Education Nigeria is an approved IELTS test center.
MOD Education is now recruiting suitably qualified Teachers of English as a foreign language (TEFL/TESOL) who are currently working in Lagos to be trained and certified as IELTS Speaking examiners. Free training is provided to suitable TEFL professionals.
Applicants for IELTS examiner positions must have:
- An undergraduate degree or qualification(s) that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate degree
- A qualification to Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) from a recognized institution
- At least 3 years relevant teaching experience of full time post qualification teaching. The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over)
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills
- Native-like English proficiency
- Completes task accurately and in sufficient details
- Observes the need for confidentiality and security
- Responds positively to guidance and advice
- Acts professionally at all times
- Communicates effectively with colleges and candidates and treats others with respect
- Sensitive to cultural differences
If your application is successful, you must be available to undergo 1 1/2 days of face-to-face training, conducted by an accredited IELTS trainer and be willing to complete the certification assessment.
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming an IELTS examiner and you match the profile outlined above. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the application pack.