Sheffield Academy is a privately owned English Language college located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We are strategically located across the KLCC Twin Towers. Established in 2010, we teach General English, IELTS, English for Academic and Specific Purposes and run holiday programmes. We also offer individually tailored programmes based on client’s needs. We pride ourselves on offering students an exceptional learning experience from the time they join us.
We are seeking experienced native speakers to join our academic departments in the following positions:
1) Head of Department
2) English (ESL) Language teachers
English (ESL) Teachers
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidates must possess a Degree and a teaching qualification, eg: CELTA/TESOL or equivalent. The successful candidates’ hall work to support the Sheffield's English language programs by delivering well planned and effective lessons to students from different nationalities and proficiency levels. IELTS Preparation experience in addition to General English, would be an advantage.
Candidates will be expected to:
1) demonstrate their ability to teach grammar.
2) be well presented, innovative, professional and have a great work ethic.
3) Possess excellent communication skills and an ability to work withina team environment are essential.
4) Be able to engage students to ensure that they benefit from classes.
Head of Department
In addition to the qualifications listed above the successful candidate must have :
1) Demonstrated capacity to teach Advanced levels of English as well aseffectively lead the implementation of the new syllabuses.
2) Demonstrated capability to place students in proper levels.
3) Demonstrated ability in successfully leading and developing highly functioning teams including and the capacity to manage and lead staff to improve student learning outcomes.
4) Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work as an integral member of the school, build relationships and engage students, staff and the community.
The successful candidates will be employed for 2 years with the following benefits:
1) Visa assistance
2) Medical benefits
3) Attractive remuneration
4) Annual and sick leave
5) Paid public holidays.
To apply, please address your application and up-to-date resume to the Director of Studies, including copies of your parchment and email to firstname.lastname@example.org