Starting as early as August or July, 2017
Berkeley House Language Center, a leading language school in Japan, is seeking English as a Foreign Language instructors for various teaching positions in Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, and other cities in Japan, for positions at corporations, universities, and/or at our schools.
Teachers work five days a week, with 25 teaching hours per week, and two consecutive days off. In addition to teaching, instructors write reports, participate in meetings, and so forth.
Our students include corporate office workers, professionals, and fulltime students preparing for or attending university. Schedules will typically include a combination of one-to-one, semi-private, and group lessons.
Remuneration depends on the applicant's qualifications, but begins at 270,000 yen/month with transportation expenses in Japan being reimbursed. Successful applicants pay their own airfare to Japan, but typically, a year-end bonus is paid. These are one-year contract positions, usually renewable.
Berkeley House will assist our new teacher's settlement in Japan by providing an apartment. Teachers are required to pay their own rent and utilities.
The ideal candidate will
- Be a native speaker of English.
- A dedicated team worker.
- In possession of a four-year degree from an accredited university plus a TESOL, TESL, and/or teaching certificate.
- Have at least two years experience teaching non-native speakers of English.
- Japanese language skills are not required, but a plus.
Please note-only such applicants who hold a Master's Degree will be considered for positions at universities.
Ten to twenty hours of training will be provided in Japan for which our newly hired teachers are not paid; this is to familiarize them with our methods and materials.
Please submit the following materials in order to apply for the position-
- Current CV
- Cover letter
- Copy of passport information page
- Examples of lesson plans, worksheets, activities, or syllabi you have updated or created.
- Two references with contact details (name, address, phone number, email). At least one must be supervisors.
Only applicants who submit all documents and pass the initial screening will be contacted. The application process consists of in-person or Skype interviews with the HR Manager, Program Manager, Department Manager, and company President. Candidates will also be asked to present a 30 minute teaching demonstration after the departmental interviews.
Please send your application to: email@example.com