The American Language Center of Oujda is looking for dedicated and adventurous individuals who wish to teach English in Morocco. Oujda is a prospering non-touristic city just one hour south of the Mediterranean coast with a beautiful surrounding countryside.
ALC Oujda is a great place to work in a relaxed atmosphere while living and traveling in Morocco. The more experienced EFL teacher can excel with our higher levels, TOEFL classes, Business English and other projects, while developing teachers have a great opportunity to hone their teaching skills while advancing in the TESOL field.
As a part of the American Cultural Association, the American Language Center is a non-profit which functions not only to teach English but to be a crucial part of local society while offering cultural opportunities through free clubs and events (karaoke nights, Open Mic, annual Art Show, and more!) to our students and community. We offer scholarship programs, leadership programs and community service projects.
Minimum Qualifications: Native speaker of English B.A. + ESL/EFL certification (CELTA or equivalent) Teaching experience is a plus, especially someone confident teaching higher levels.
Salary & Benefits:
• Starting pay range for at least 15 hours of teaching a week, 5 classes, is from approximately 6000-9000 dirhams after taxes. That is about 700-1000 dollars a month, which is enough to cover expenses in Morocco and take side trips. The pay is based on an hourly rate and naturally higher if a teacher works more or does a special project or curriculum development.
• Housing allowance in addition to salary: 1200 dirhams, this is enough to cover approximately half the rent in a private apartment.
• Flight allowance of 5000 dirhams toward flight upon successful completion of one year of teaching.
• Health Insurance (80% covered)
• August holiday pay
• Breaks between 10 week sessions for exploration and travel, often one to two weeks between our main 10 week sessions.
• Teacher development: National ALC-TEFL conference in Morocco, all expense paid.
• Moroccan Arabic course for expats (offered to anyone living in Oujda who could benefit).
• ALC Community Service Club, a volunteer association helping needy people in Oujda, and community building while strengthening friendships.
To apply for a position: Interested applicants should send a short letter of introduction, C.V., and the scanned copy of the first page of their passport to:
45 BD Mohammed VI