Experience life in one of the happiest countries in the world and contribute to change the life of low income students!
To ensure Colombia´s progress, the Colombian government has set the goal of becoming the most educated country in the region by 2025. The focus of this specific program is to contribute to and advance the government’s bilingualism platform by bringing English speakers into the classrooms of vulnerable communities throughout the country.
The program consists of teaching kids, teenagers and/or adults in Colombia’s public institutions. Normally they come from low income families and education is their best way to change their lives. Fellows will primarily teach students between 9th and 11th grade (ages 14 to 20).
What are the basic requirements to apply to the ETF Program?
- Native English speaker
- Professional (BS, BA or its equivalent).
- Minimum age 21 years old - maximum age 50 years old
What will you get as a Fellow?
You will receive an ESL teaching certification upon completion of a training course before you begin your placement.
- You will be working alongside experienced Colombian co-teachers as well as have a support system through a Regional Coordinator.
- Participation in this program is free of cost, and also offers a monthly stipend that covers housing and food.
- The ETF Program offers a safe, supportive, and fun environment to immerse yourself in a new culture as well as the ability to learn and grow in professional and personal ways.
*You can supplement your income with money earned abroad, provided these activities do not interfere with your primary commitment.
The program starts in January, February 2018 and lasts 6 months