EFL young learner and young adult teaching position at The American Language Center of Tangier starting in January 2018
• B.A. + CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL, TESOL or an equivalent 120-hour, classroom-based TEFL certification that includes practical teaching with real learners
• At least one year of overseas EFL teaching experience (full-time)
For work visa purposes, Moroccan government regulations require non-Moroccan teachers of English to be passport holders of the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
168-188 Dirhams per contact hour (approx. $17.00 – $19.00)
3-star hotel accommodations for limited period upon arrival
Settling in allowance (limited value) to buy furnishings for apartment, pay rent deposit, etc
Monthly housing and transportation stipend (except during any voluntary leave of one month or longer and in August)
Health insurance (80% paid including medical, dental, prescription drugs & hospitalization)
One month paid vacation
Survival Moroccan Arabic language lessons
Biennial home leave airfare (limited value) starting at the end of the first academic year
The American Language Center Tangier is a member of the American Cultural Association, a private, non-profit association with 12 language centers located in Morocco. Classrooms are equipped flat-screen TVs with USB ports, computers, wifi, and AC. Our staff room is stocked with supplementary materials.
We are looking for full-time teachers (21-24 contact hours per week) who are familiar with and supportive of communicative, student-centered language instruction. This includes a student-centered classroom with regular, varied pair work and group work activities. We are interested in teachers who keep teacher talk time to a minimum and manage students’ time effectively.
Other opportunities available:
• Lead clubs for students - weekly meetings conducted in English on a wide variety of topics (such as US History & Culture or Movies).
• Assist with projects such as exam proofreading and involvement in our community service club
Professional development opportunities offered through the ALC include in-house workshops and participation in our annual all-ALC TEFL Conference.
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION: Send
• a current CV
• a 1-page cover letter briefly describing your teaching philosophy and why you would like to work with ALC Tangier scanned copies of relevant diplomas & certificates
• a scanned oopy of the first page of your passport
• two letters of recommendation from supervisors (with their professional e-mail addresses) to:
Mark Holbrook, Director
*Note: Only candidates who meet our criteria will be contacted for this position.
Please visit our website (www.alctangier.org) for general information and our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ALC.Tangier/