API is working together with Colombian governmental sectors such as the Ministry of Education and Labor, district governments, and independent institutions to provide conversational English training in job training centers, schools, and professional divisions. English training is an important step to help locals succeed in school, find better jobs, and improve communication in the global market. Placements are available to teach conversational English to students of all ages and professionals. Participants are generally required to teach 20-25 classroom hours and put in an additional 15-20 hours of classroom prep, grading, office hours, and staff meetings per week. Six-month placements available with a possibility to extend. Students can expect to be placed in 1 of 40+ locations in Colombia.
• Native or fluent English speaker (proof of C2 level required for non-native speakers)
• Minimum 21 years old; maximum 55 years old
• College degree
• Previous experience working as a teacher, mentor, tutor, coach, etc. strongly preferred, but not required
• Excellent spoken/written English, flexibility and cultural sensitivity
• Basic Spanish language skills helpful, but not required
• TEFL Certification not required, though strongly encouraged. API offers a discounted online TEFL course!
• Monthly stipend: COP$1,500,000
• Two-week orientation in Bogota with shared accommodations, meals, and activities
• National Colombian and international health insurance
• Guaranteed teaching placement
• Monthly stipend
• 24/7 Pre-departure and local English-speaking support
• Airport pick-up and transfer on designated arrival date
• Visa and work permit processing fees
• Orientation and in-country TEFL training
• Domestic transportation to placement city (Baggage fees are not included)
• Cultural activities and excursions
• Medical, life, and travel insurance
• A Krama Wheel scarf or a gift card to one of three socially responsible companies upon completion of your program and evaluations.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org