- Join a multinational team of academic editors who edit academic research papers for Taiwanese and Chinese researchers.
- academic manuscripts intended for publication in international journals for errors pertaining to non-native English and clarity.
- Write instructional comments to authors on ways to improve their writing.
- Ensure manuscript adherence to conventions in engineering, medicine, science, and social science writing by referring to style guides.
- Attend weekly training sessions on academic editing conventions and incorporate feedback from regular peer evaluation in your editing.
- Native ability in English
- Detail-oriented style
- Ability to correct non-native academic writing errors
- A cheerful attitude and ability to work with other editors and management
- A four year degree plus two years working experience or a graduate degree
- A technical, medical, or scientific background is preferred
Wallace Academic ing currently edits and translates papers from over 100 universities and research institutes in Taiwan and China. We specialize in academic editing and translation and invite applications from those who love editing and are familiar with academic writing. Please visit our website to know more about us: http://www.editing.tw/en
Note: Candidate must be willing to relocate to and work in Taipei, Taiwan.
Please mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use "Academic or_your name" in the subject line. In your e-mail, please remember to mention the website on which you found our posting. We thank you for your interest, but only the most qualified candidates will be sent a brief sample to edit; interviews will be subsequently scheduled with those applicants whose performance on the sample edit are up to our recruitment standards.
If you wish to apply freelance editor, please use "Freelance Academic or_your name" in the subject line.