We are an independent high school located in Long Khanh, Vietnam (70 km north of Ho Chi Minh City). Whilst local schools tend to only teach grammar and vocabulary, we look to make a difference by teaching English in an engaging and practical way, and by giving them the opportunity to interact with a native English speaker. Our mission is to create a fun and interactive environment where students are exposed to authentic language situations, and can see for themselves the benefit of English in the real world. We believe that with the right teacher and pedagogy, students will be motivated and are more likely to reach their full potential. We are looking for the right teacher to share this journey with us.
We also have a language centre inside the school’s campus. You will be working primarily at the high school and casually at the language centre.
Teaching period starts from 25/12/2017 to 31/3/2018. A new contract will be negotiated after this period.
• Compensation: $20 per hour (USD). Average 16.5 hours/week
• Free housing with basic necessities such as fridge, kitchen, bed, television set and Wi-Fi. It is within walking distance to the school, around 200 meters.
• Class size: maximum 25 students.
• Work visa support.
• Classroom facilities: Computer, amplifier, projector and screen.
• Textbooks and teaching materials will be provided.
• Teaching assistant is available for low-level class.
• There is also a 2-week break in February to celebrate Lunar New Year.
• Two consecutive days off at weekend.
• Completion of a teaching certificate such as TESOL, CELTA or equivalent.
• A formal University degree
• Studies with a Major related in Early Childhood Development, Education or Linguistics is a bonus
• Friendly personality and open to new culture.
• Past teaching experience is favorable.
• Native speaker from an English speaking country.
• Be comfortable to teach students of all ages, mainly from the age of 5 to 18.
Benefits of Life in Vietnam:
• Friendly, genuine people
• Cheap cost of living
• Clean environment
• Ho Chi Minh City is only an hour and a half away. Comfortable mini-bus every 10 minutes, with ticket costs approximately $3 one-way.
• Fresh food market with many tropical fruits and cold coconuts across the street from the house. Many hammock cafes around the town as well.
How to apply:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum Vitae with recent photos
• Digital copies of degree and certificate
• Reference letter
Please kindly send these documents to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.