Michoacan, Mexico Full Time ESL Teacher Needed
La Piedad, Michoacan, Mexico
The New York School of English has full time teaching positions available for the upcoming semester. We are accepting applications from English language instructors for these teaching vacancies and for future consideration.
We offer the following benefits package:
* Monthly Salary
* Paid furnished housing including private bedroom, kitchen, laundry area, etc. in teachers’ house
* Paid electric, water, cable, and rent
* Classroom: furnished with computer, internet, color television, video player, cd/cassette stereo, and whiteboard.
* Paid Christmas and Easter vacations
* Paid Federal holidays off
* No Saturday session requirement
* Convenient semester length contract
By email, please forward the following information to be considered. This information will be needed to complete the hiring process.
* Current resume and cover letter
* A copy of the photo page of your valid passport (will be needed when hired) and recent photo
* References with emails and phone numbers (will not be contacted until employment offer is pending)
Please forward to:
The New York School of English is a cultural exchange and language center located in La Piedad, Michoacan, Mexico, conveniently situated between Guadalajara and Mexico City.
La Piedad is a city with approximately 70,000 residents, but has an atmosphere and feel of a large town. La Piedad embraces history and cultural tradition, but offers comforts and conveniences of modern day life. This is an excellent location to experience the real Mexico.
Within the city of La Piedad is the Cabadas Bridge, built in the XVIII century and declared a national monument. You can also visit the Las Quintas, El Recuerdo and Cuatro Milpas Spas. Local artisans in La Piedad make shawls which are famous throughout the country. Other attractions include Senor de La Piedad, The Benito Juarez Garden, and The Antique Chapel of San Sebastian, built in 1700.
There are many 'must visit' destinations within an hour or two of La Piedad for the adventurous soul. You will experience the rich culture and landscape of Mexico during your stay in La Piedad.
We prefer candidates with the following credentials:
* Native English speaker
* Teaching experience
* Experience living / working abroad
* Certificate in ESL, TESOL, CELTA, or TEFL
* College / University degree and/or coursework
* Speaks a second language
We seek individuals with the following attributes:
* Enjoys working with all ages and abilities
* Team player and efficient working independently
* Mature and respectful
* Friendly and outgoing
* Well prepared and dynamic lessons