Earn a TEFL-TP (Theatre and Play) certificate while supported by a paid study grant in Italy.
After a careful selection process and a distance-learning course, trainee tutors are given a five-day orientation course in Italy before being assigned to tutor Italian children in a camp. This course prepares trainee tutors for their position by providing them with activities, songs, and games to teach the English language.
Each summer, the organization send over 600 native English-speaking trainee tutors to more than 300 camps in Italy. These camps are located all over Italy and in the past have included Rome, Milan, Sicily, Bologna, Dolomites, Pisa, Siena, and Naples. The organization has two kinds of camps: Summer Camps and City Camps. Through their experience with A.C.L.E., tutors learn to develop their leadership skills, use voice as an instrument of communication for generating interest and meaning, lower the learners' inhibitions and fears about learning a second language, create games, songs, and activities around language functions, vocabulary, and grammatical structures, and use drama techniques to create simple scripts and theatrical performances that involve learners.
• Teach English in camps across Italy during the summer
• Earn an internationally recognized TEFL Through Theater and Play certificate
• Attend a five-day orientation course in Italy
• Develop leadership skills and use different voices as instruments of communication
• Spend the summer living and teaching in Rome, Milan, Florence, or other cities in Italy
• Have all accommodation, food, and travel covered while on camps
• Receive a paid study grant!
You need to be a mother-tongue English speaker ideally between the ages of 20 and 35 who loves helping students develop their language and life skills in a safe, caring environment. ACLE tutors must be energetic, enthusiastic, reliable, and able to work both independently and in teams.
You will need to attend one of our orientation weeks and a minimum of 120 hours (3 weeks) in camp. There is no maximum number of camps and you have the option to take a week or two off (known as 'on hold') to travel before returning to camp.
The study grant is based on the number of weeks that you are in camp. You will receive €520 for your first 3 weeks in camp.
Applicants must be Native (or near-native) English speakers with a passion for teaching.
A paid study grant, up to €270 per week.
• Accommodation with Italian Host Families
• Travel between camps arranged and paid by ACLE
• Accommodation, food, and didactic training at a Hotel/Camp site in Italy
• TEFL-TP Certificate, with at least 120 hours of teaching experience
Native/Near-Native English Speaker, with a passion for working with children.
All tutors must attend one of our orientation courses before they are placed in camps. The dates for this year’s courses are as follows:
OR 1: June 4th ~ June 9th
OR 2: June 11th ~ June 16th
OR 3: June 18th ~ June 23rd
OR 4: June 25th ~ June 30th
OR 5: August 13th ~ August 18th
Applications are open NOW for Summer 2018.
Please visit our website for full details and to find the online application form www.acle.org