Geumgang University (http://www.ggu.ac.kr) located in Nonsan, about 150 km south of Seoul, South Korea is seeking a dedicated native full-time English-speaking instructor who can start teaching beginning from the 1st of March, 2018.
1. To meet a master’s degree (or its equivalent diploma) or above, preferably English education majors.
2. To have at least two years of teaching experiences in English courses such as conversation, debate, and above all, writing composition at high school or college-level institutions.
3. To meet the eligibility stated in the Private School Law of Republic of Korea and the Regulations of Geumgang University.
4. To be eligible visa E1 holders or one who is eligible for such a visa.
1. To teach 15 hours per week (when exceeding, the instructor shall receive overtime pay according to the school regulations)
2. To work Monday thru Friday (eight hours a day from 09:00 to 18:00)
3. To teach undergraduate English courses such as conversation, debate, writing composition, etc.
1. Application Form http://home.ggu.ac.kr/~majung/full_time_instructor_application_fo rm.doc
2. Resume (including cover letter)
4. Teaching plans
5. Recommendation letters
6. Employment health check-up at a hospital to be designated (after confirmation of employment)
7. A copy of passport (particularly, photo and signature pages)
8. Original copies of certificates or letters of work experiences (related to your teaching or researching experiences specified on your resume)
9. Copies of B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. diploma and academic transcripts
10. A copy of alien registration card if residing in Korea
11. Copies of publications (PDF files or hard copies)
12. Professional licenses (such as TESOL/TEFL certificate or teacher certificate)
Salary and Benefits
1. (M.A. holders) Starting from 2,782,525 KRW per month before tax (subject to change according to the school regulations, depending upon your work experiences)
2. (Ph.D. holders) Starting from 2,903,275 KRW per month before tax (subject to change according to the school regulations, depending upon your work experiences)
3. Offered an exclusive dormitory room with a single bed and a private bathroom, and a personal office
4. Affiliated to Korea Teacher’s Private Pension according to the law
5. Paid summer and winter vacation (when summer/winter camps or other English programs are in session, you should participate in them and shall receive extra pay according to the school regulations)
Submission of Documents
1. All documents should be submitted by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
2. All the documents required should arrive by the 21th of January.
3. For further information, please contact Professor Eung-cheon Ha (+82-010-5301-0094, firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Application Deadline: January 21, 2018
2. Interview: January 22 – 24, 2018 (at Geumgang University)
3. Successful Candidates for an Interview: informed by email
4. Successful Candidate Announcement: January 27, 2018 (by e-mail and telephone)
1. The contract period is two years, which is extendable if the instructor meets the school standards for work attitudes and evaluations by the faculty.
2. All the papers submitted are not to be returned.
3. The instructor cannot have criminal records, or be an alcoholic, or an (ex-)addict of drugs such as banned by the Korean law.
4. If it is discovered that you have provided false information in any form at any stage of the screening or even after successfully hired, the contract will be terminated immediately and your salaries received from Geumgang University should be reimbursed.
5. All the other details not mentioned above are subject to the school regulations.