We are an independent language school located in Long Khanh, Vietnam (70 km north of Ho Chi Minh City). Whilst local schools tend to focus on grammar and vocabulary, we look to make a difference by teaching English in an engaging and practical way, and by giving them the opportunity to interact with a native English speaker. Our mission is to create a fun and interactive environment where students are exposed to authentic language situations, and applied themselves in such situations to achieve learning. We believe that with the right teacher and pedagogy, students will be motivated and are more likely to reach their full potential. We are looking for the right teacher to share this journey with us.
• Completion of a teaching certificate such as TESOL, CELTA or equivalent.
• A formal University degree
• Studies with a Major related to Early Childhood Development, Education, Linguistics, and Literature are preferable.
• Clear police check (provided before signing of contract)
• Friendly personality and open to new culture.
• Past teaching experience is favorable.
• Be comfortable to teach students of all ages, mainly from the age of 5 to 18.
• Compensation: $20 per hour (USD). Average 15 hours/week
• Free housing with basic necessities such as fridge, kitchen, bed, wardrobe and Wi-Fi. It is within walking distance to the school, around 200 meters.
• Support 50% electricity bill, free water bill
• Work visa support.
• Two consecutive days off per week.
• Small class: maximum 15 students.
• Classroom facilities: Computer, amplifier, projector and screen.
• Textbooks and teaching materials will be provided.
• Teaching assistant is available for low-level class.
• The position starts on 26th February 2018. Initial contract is 3 months long, followed by longer term contract (6 months – 1 year).
Life in Long Khanh:
• Cheap cost of living: A meal costs $1-$2, fresh juice $1, coffee $0.5
• There is a fresh food market across the house. You can find a variety of fresh vegetables and fruits here with a cheap price.
• Clean environment
• Ho Chi Minh City is only an hour and a half away. Comfortable mini-bus every 10 minutes, with ticket costs approximately $3 one-way.
How to apply:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum Vitae with recent photos
• Color scanned copies of degree and certificate
Please kindly send these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.