Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia (LVSA) is part of the Laureate International Universities network (www.laureate.net), the world’s leading higher education provider. Laureate’s more than 70 institutions educate over 1,000,000 students in 25 countries. LVSA has been operating in Saudi Arabia since 2009 with around 450+ employees and currently operates 9 vocational campuses in Riyadh, Jeddah, Makkah, Al-Kharj (South of Riyadh), Al-Madinah, Wadi Al-Dawaser, Al Nammas, and Buraydah. These vocational colleges offer two and three-year technical training programs to Saudi students between the ages of 18-23, leading to vocational qualifications at a range of levels in a variety of subjects.
The English instructor is responsible for facilitating the acquisition of English language within an engaging learning environment to prepare Saudi young adults for the Cambridge PET Certification, future vocational studies in English as well as entrance into the multi-cultural workforce of Saudi Arabia.
Essential Job Functions
• Teach up to 25 contact hours per week, plus cover teaching when required
• Produce effective lesson plans and supplementary learning materials
• Write formal and informal assessments
• Invigilate and otherwise participate in students’ assessment
• Provide meaningful student feedback
• Mark and report student results accurately
• Attend departmental meetings
• Participate in professional development sessions
• Participate in PET speaking examiner training
• Collaborate with diploma content teachers for ESP courses
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary and benefits
* Very attractive salary and Benefits
* Subsidized educational development opportunities within the Laureate International Universities network towards a part-time Master's or Ph.D. Degree on selected on-line degree programs.
• Bachelor’s degree (If the degree is in an English related field, transcripts that include a teaching practicum act as a CELTA equivalent). Master’s degree is preferred.
• CELTA (TESOL, TEFL and TESL qualifications are also acceptable only if combined with an English related degree and the certification is completed in class with a minimum of 120 hours with at least 6 hours of observed teaching)
• Minimum of 3 years of post-secondary teaching experience preferably in Saudi Arabia (not part time or private tutoring)
• Non-native English speakers should present IELTs 7.5 Academic for contract confirmation.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse context
• Ability to respond positively to a changing environment
• Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Performance-driven enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills
• Familiarity with education-related technology (IWB’s, Moodle, Web Quests) is preferred
Interested candidates shall send their CV, copy of degree, and copy of passport to: email@example.com