New Hope for Cambodian Children (NHCC) is an NGO that provides residential care for 250 children living with HIV. We are located 33 KM from the capital Phnom Penh, in a rural village surrounded by rice fields.
Over the past five years we have worked hard to establish an onsite school, providing a high quality of education for the children in our care with a mixture of Khmer and international teachers. The school has grown rapidly and now has classes from Kindergarten through to Grade 9. We aim to keep class sizes small with an average of 15 students per class.
The school is designed to immerse students in English with international classroom teachers covering a range of subjects. In the Primary School, Grades 1 - 6, the international teachers are required to teach English, Maths, Science and Social Studies. For the High School, Grades 7 - 9, the international teachers are required to teach English and Social Studies. Teachers have about 20 contact hours with students per week and are expected to create their own engaging lessons and resources based on the Khmer curriculum topics.
We are currently looking for a native English speaking teacher for Grade 7. The teacher would be responsible for teaching Social Studies to two Grade 7 classes including history, geography, morality and civics and home economics. The position is for the rest of the current school year, commencing immediately and finishing in July, 2018.
We are also seeking expressions of interest from Primary and High School teachers, Grades 1 to 9, for the 2018-2019 school year.
Teachers are paid US$200 per month plus private onsite accommodation and all meals. Teacher housing includes fans, WIFI, hot shower, mosquito net and a small kitchen with a cooker and a fridge.
For more information on New Hope for Cambodian Children please have a look at our website and our Facebook page.
● NGO English immersion school in rural Cambodia with small class sizes, teaching ESL students.
● Teachers receive meals, accommodation and US$200 per month.
● Seeking native English speaking teachers with degrees in Education or with TESOL qualifications, 1-year of classroom based teaching experience is preferred.
● Grade 7 Social Studies teacher for immediate start to the 11th July 2018, with the possibility of renewal for the 2018 - 2019 school year.
● For the 2018 - 2019 school year, please email your expressions of interest and requests for more information.
If you love working with children, are interested in a challenging but highly rewarding experience, please email your CV to John Tucker firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to have you as part of our growing family.