Kaya University is currently seeking a qualified, experienced full-time foreign professor for its Gimhae campus. We¡¯re adjacent to Busan, the 2nd largest city in Korea. New on-campus housing is provided and is close to amenities and conveniences. Gimhae has an international airport and great transportation to all major cities.
Job Title: English Professor, E-1
Employment Level: Non-Tenure
Qualifications Only those with the following qualification will be considered.
1. PhD degree 2. Master's degree + two years of full time college-level teaching experience
3. Bachelor's degree + four years of full time college-level teaching experience
(Part-time teaching and lifelong education classes will not be considered)
1. Position: Full-time Foreign Professor (teaching English Conversation and Writing)
2. Contract Period: 1 year starting Spring semester, 2018 (renewable)
3. Teaching 15 hours per week
4. Teaching one summer (or winter) session (may be required)
Salary and Benefits
1. Wages: 2,100,000 KRW per month
(pay increase of 100,000 Korean won starting on the second year and the fourth year of employment)2. Overtime pay for teaching over 15 hours per week.
2. Paid Vacation: 8 weeks per year
3. Housing: furnished, internet ready, new studio on-campus
(Housing allowance of 300,000 KRW per month for off-campus housing when moving near the campus with family)
4. Shared Office with desk, phone and personal desktop PC.
5. Teacher's pension: 50%
6. Medical insurance: 60%
7. Airfare for visa and hotel: 500,000 KRW
1. Resume and cover letter (recent photo with phone number and e-mail address)
2. Copies of degrees
3. Copies of work certificates
3. Copies of certificates (e.g., teaching licenses, TESOL etc.)
3. Copies of passport and ARC
4. Two letters of reference
Closing Date: Until filled
Successful applicants will be called for a personal interview. No Skype interviews will be considered. Due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to everyone.
To apply for this position, please e-mail application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org