We’re recruiting experienced and enthusiastic teachers who seek an opportunity to work with children in residential care, living in rural Cambodia.
Our school is an English-language immersion school operated by New Hope for Cambodian Children (a Cambodian NGO) as part of their mission to provide quality education for the HIV+ children in their care. We are located 33 KM from the capital Phnom Penh, in a rural village surrounded by rice fields.
Positions available for the 2018 – 2019 academic year include
Primary School – Grades 2, 4, 5 and 6
Subjects: English, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies
High School – Grades 7, 8 and 9
Subjects: English and Social Studies, including History, Geography, Home Economics and Morality and Civics.
· Class sizes average 12 to 20 students
· 20 student contact hours per week
· Teachers design lessons based on Cambodian Government statements
· Academic year from late October to early August
· Compensation includes US$200 per month plus private onsite accommodation, all meals and the cost of a year business visa.
· Native English language speakers
· Degree in Education or TESOL qualifications
· One year of classroom based teaching experience, including behaviour management
· Recent police clearance
· Experience working or travelling for extended periods in a foreign country
· Ability to live communally in a rural setting
To apply for a position, or request more information, please email your CV and a cover letter to John Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also visit our website at newhopeforcambodianchildren.org