About the university:
The American University of Kurdistan (AUK) is a non-profit private university located in the semi-autonomous region of Kurdistan. Opened in 2014, the university hosts state-of-the-art facilities, international staff and students and a beautiful campus situated near the mountains of Duhok.
Description of position:
At AUK, we are looking for motivated individuals with experience that will help us provide the best academic experience for our students. A positive attitude and willingness to work with others are essential to the position of English Language Instructor. The position requires the ability to maintain accurate and up to date academic records, lead a classroom of 15-20 students and cultural sensitivity/awareness. Contact hours are roughly twenty hours per week. In addition to the above requirements, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
Requirements of position:
• Native speaker of English possessing a passport from the U.S.A., Canada, UK, EU, Australia or New Zealand
• Previous experience working with adult learners as an ESL teacher.
• 3 years minimum of international teaching/work experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain professionalism with staff, faculty and students at all times.
• Teaching certification (TESOL/CELTA/DELTA) or teacher certification from home country.
• MA in a related field (English, Linguistics, TESOL, etc.) is required. Exceptions can be made for applicants with 5+ years of relevant teaching experience.
• Experience working in a tertiary or language learning institution.
• Previous experience working with a diverse, international staff.
• Knowledge of spoken and/or written Kurdish or Arabic would be advantageous.
• $42,000 USD salary per/annum
• 35 days paid vacation as well as government holidays.
• Assistance finding housing.
• Visa provided by the university.
Please note that only applicants from outside Kurdistan will be considered. To apply, please send a current CV, photo and three reference letters to email@example.com.