EFL young learner and young adult teaching position at The American Language Center of Tangier starting in October 2018
The American Language Center Tangier is looking for full-time classroom teachers (21-24 contact hours per week) who are familiar with and supportive of communicative, student-centered language instruction. This entails managing a student-centered classroom with regular, varied pair work and group work activities, games, and in-class task-based projects. We are interested in teachers who keep teacher talk time to a minimum and manage students’ time effectively.
The American Language Center Tangier is a member of the American Cultural Association, a private, non-profit association with 12 language centers located in Morocco. Classrooms are equipped flat-screen TVs with USB ports, computers, wifi, and AC. Our staff room is stocked with supplementary materials.
Professional development opportunities offered through the ALC include in-house workshops and participation in our annual all-ALC TEFL Conference.
• B.A. + CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL, TESOL Via Lingua or an equivalent 120-hour, classroom-based TEFL certification that includes practical teaching with real learners
• At least one year of overseas general EFL teaching experience (full-time), preferably with adolescents, young adolescents and children
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Locally competitive hourly rates by contact hour
3-star hotel accommodations for limited period upon arrival
In kind settling-in reimbursements (limited value) for home furnishings, reimbursable rent deposit, etc
Monthly housing and transportation stipend
Health insurance (80% paid including medical, dental, prescription drugs & hospitalization)
One month paid vacation
20 hours of survival Moroccan Arabic language lessons
Biennial home leave airfare (limited value) starting at the beginning of the period of employment
Other opportunities available:
• Leading clubs for students - weekly meetings conducted in English on a wide variety of topics (such as US History & Culture or Movies).
• Assisting with projects such as lesson plan editing and involvement in our community service club
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION: Send
• a current CV
• a 1-page cover letter briefly describing your teaching philosophy and why you would like to work with ALC Tangier
• scanned copies of relevant diplomas & certificates
• two letters of recommendation from supervisors (with their professional e-mail addresses) to:
• Mark Holbrook, Director
*Note: Only candidates who meet our criteria will be contacted for this position.
Please visit our website (www.alctangier.org) for general information and our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ALC.Tangier/