We’re recruiting experienced and enthusiastic teachers who seek an opportunity to work with children in residential care, living in rural Cambodia.
Our school is an English-language immersion school operated by New Hope for Cambodian Children (a Cambodian NGO) as part of their mission to provide quality education for the HIV+ children in their care. We are located 33 KM from the capital Phnom Penh, in a rural village surrounded by rice fields.
Positions available for the 2018 – 2019 academic year include
Primary School – Grades 2, 4, 5 and 6
Subjects: English, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science
High School – Grade 9
Subjects: English and Social Studies, including History, Geography, Home Economics and Morality and Civics.
• Class sizes average 12 to 20 students
• 20 contact hours with students per week
• Teachers design lessons based on Cambodian Government statements
• Academic year from late October to early August
• Compensation includes US$200 per month plus private onsite accommodation, all meals and the cost of a year business visa.
• Native English language speakers
• Degree in Education or TESOL qualifications
• One year of classroom based teaching experience, including behaviour management
• Recent police clearance
• Experience working or travelling for extended periods in a foreign country
• Ability to live communally in a rural setting
You can visit our website at newhopeforcambodianchildren.org for more information about NHCC.
To apply for a position, or request additional information, please email your CV and a cover letter, stating the grade position you are interested in, to John Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org