As a Chatteris Native-speaking English Tutor (CNET) you are placed, full time, in a local Hong Kong school. Your role is to help improve students’ language proficiency by motivating them to learn and use English every day.
You will work alongside the local English teaching staff to plan and deliver lessons as well as interactive workshops, tutorials and events.
At Chatteris we believe that you engage students’ interest in English by creating an immersive and inspiring English language environment which complements the school’s curriculum, both in and outside the classroom.
Salary: $15000 HKD per month
Type of contract: 9 months, full-time
Working hours: 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
Holidays: school-specific holidays and public holidays
Deadline for application: 16 July 2018
In addition to the positive impact that your participation in the programme will have on your students you will also benefit from the experience of working in a diverse and vibrant city while being supported every step of the way. The programme offers:
• A chance to work with an international team
• Training and academic support network provided, no TEFL required
• Sponsored work visa
• Group arrival and airport pick up
• Orientation and settling in support provided
• Accommodation provided during orientation period
• Welfare and emergency support provided
• School holidays and public holidays
• Opportunities to work on a number of community projects
• Additional training and professional development opportunities available
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Career mentorship and networking events
• Active social community
• Competitive monthly salary
• Performance-based bonus upon completion of the programme
• Pre-departure support
1. A university degree (any discipline)
2. High English proficiency
3. Interest in working with children, teenagers or young adults
4. A proactive and creative nature
5. Cultural sensitivity
Step 1. Visit our website www.chatteris.org.hk and click apply to submit our application form and answer the application questions.
Step 2. Send a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.