English Teacher positions available in Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia
The National Industrial Training Institute at Abqaiq is a partnership project between the Technical and Vocational Training Council (TVTC) and Saudi Aramco. The International Institute for Languages (IIL)has been contracted to provide teaching staff for the project
The National Industrial Training Institute (NITI) is an independent not-for-profit training institution that is being established jointly by Saudi Aramco (SA) and the Technical & Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. NITI will train Saudi high school and Colleges of Technology graduates. The main program is of two years followed by 6 to 12 months of On-the-Job Training (OJT). NITI trainees shall be competent and skilled in their technical specializations, proficient in English, computer literate & technology efficient and armed with safety awareness, personal discipline and work ethics. NITI will commence its operations at two locations in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia; Abqaiq & Al Hasa. One location, Abqaiq, will commence operation in April 2014 with approximately 300 students. In September 2014 a brand new campus in Al Hasa will open with 1000 students, growing to capacity of 2,500 within 3 years.
IIL is seeking an experienced individual for the role of English Teacher based at the Abqaiq Campus. Reporting to the Abqaiq Senior Teacher, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of modules in English language to national students who need a solid foundation in English which will allow them to enter employment with one of NITI’s partner companies such as Saudi Aramco (the state oil company). You will work in a technologically-advanced environment as part of a team of faculty members.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in their specific field.
- Must have either of the following a or b:
- A bachelor’s degree in Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (TESL/TEFL), a master’s degree is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably a master’s degree) in English, applied linguistics for modern languages with a teaching certificate such as TEFL; TESL; TESOL; CELTA; or DELTA
- Experience of delivering ELF/ESP preferably with experience in the Middle East region.
- Experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment.
- Student-centered approach
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching English language and Academic Skills modules to students on pre-sessional English and foundation certificate level programs (normal teaching load is between 18 and 25 hours per week).
- Assisting with module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, delivery, marketing and provision of feedback to students.
- Providing academic leadership, management and coordination for a designated number of modules in the role of “Module Coordinator”.
- Contributing to the development of supplementary teaching material for modules delivered on programs.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Providing tutorial support to small groups of students
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Organising, accompanying and supervising students on field trips where required.
- Promoting student development through the use of technology-based learning.
- Participating in the development and organization of student projects within class, courses and programs.
- Attending and being available to travel to any IAT location for designated meetings, workshops, system-wide assessment and marking sessions and conferences as part of your duties.
- Participating in student recruitment, registration, induction and placement activities.
- Participating in cover schedule to substitute for sick colleagues.
- Participating in campus and community events
Salary and Benefits:
IIL offers a competitive tax-free salary, housing, air fare,(if deployed from overseas) and medical insurance.
To apply and learn more about NITI, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org