EFL Teaching Opportunity in Eastern Morocco! Start date is September 10th 2018.
The American Language Center of Oujda is looking for dedicated and adventurous individuals who wish to teach English in Morocco. Oujda is a prospering non-touristic city just one hour south of the Mediterranean coast with a beautiful surrounding countryside.
ALC Oujda is a great,unique place to work in a relaxed atmosphere while living and traveling in Morocco. The more experienced EFL teacher can excel with our higher levels, TOEFL classes, Business English and other projects, while developing teachers have a great opportunity to hone their teaching skills while advancing in the TESOL field. We also provide professional development opportunities with a national conference, two local in-house conferences and teacher peer groups.
ALC Oujda is a part of the American Cultural Association in Morocco and serves not only to provide high quality classes but also to provide a glimpse into American culture. We celebrate American holidays with our students, like Halloween with a Haunted House, Thanksgiving with a potluck dinner and candy grams for Valentine’s Day. We also provide free concerts, clubs, workshops and other activities for the community and have three specialized scholarship programs: In Charge for women, Insight for a local orphanage and ACCESS, a US Embassy sponsored program for disadvantaged youth. This variety also allows you to custom make your own experience with us. While your minimum teaching requirement is 15 hours a week, you can supplement these with self-designed clubs that allow you to follow your own interests with your students.
Native speaker of English
B.A. + ESL/EFL certification (CELTA or equivalent)
Teaching experience is a plus, especially someone confident teaching higher levels.
Salary & Benefits:
• Starting pay range for at least 15 hours of teaching a week, 5 classes, is from approximately 6000-9000 dirhams after taxes. That is about 700-1000 dollars a month, which is enough to cover expenses in Morocco and take side trips. The pay is based on an hourly rate and naturally higher if a teacher works more or does a special project, curriculum development, cultural clubs or other American cultural activities. Average living costs in Oujda are 400-530 USD per month or 4,200-5,400 dirhams.
• Housing allowance in addition to salary: 1200 dirhams, this is enough to cover approximately half the rent in a private apartment.
• Flight allowance of 5000 dirhams toward flight upon successful completion of one year of teaching.
• Health Insurance (80% covered)
• August holiday pay
• Breaks between 10 week sessions for exploration and travel, often 7 to 10 days between our main 10 week sessions.
• Teacher development: National ALC-TEFL conference in Morocco, all expense paid.
• Moroccan Arabic course for expats (offered to anyone living in Oujda who could benefit).
• ALC Community Service Club, a volunteer association helping needy people in Oujda, and community building while strengthening friendships.
Email - email@example.com