We’re recruiting experienced and enthusiastic teachers who seek an opportunity to work with children in residential care, living in rural Cambodia.
Our school is an English-language immersion school operated by New Hope for Cambodian Children (a Cambodian NGO) as part of their mission to provide quality education for the HIV+ children in their care. We are located 33 KM from the capital Phnom Penh, in a rural village surrounded by rice fields.
Positions available for the 2018 – 2019 academic year include
Primary School – Grades 2, 4 and 5
Subjects: English, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science
High School – Grade 9
Subjects: English and Social Studies, including History, Geography, Home Economics and Morality and Civics.
* Class sizes average 12 to 20 students
* 20 contact hours with students per week
* Teachers design lessons based on Cambodian Government statements
* Academic year from late October to early August
* Compensation includes US$200 per month plus private onsite accommodation, all meals and the cost of a year business visa.
* Native English language speakers
* Degree in Education or TESOL qualifications
* One year of classroom based teaching experience, with strong behaviour management skills
* Recent police clearance
* Experience working or travelling for extended periods in a foreign country
* Ability to live communally in a rural setting
You can visit our website at newhopeforcambodianchildren.org for more information about NHCC.
To apply for a position, or request additional information, please email your CV and a cover letter, stating the grade position you are interested in, to John Tucker at email@example.com