Wall Street English Indonesia is looking for talented individuals with a service/education background to join our team as a Center Experience Manager. In the position you will be expected to lead the delivery of service, experience, success and satisfaction for the 500-1000 members in your center, as well as helping to meet sales and renewals targets. As the ambassador and leader of educational excellence, you’ll be responsible for training, leading and managing the Service team comprised of English Trainers, Mentors and Member Relations Officers - ensuring that they provide a consistent premium experience to the member population.
We are not just a school: we are a community. We empower our members to change their lives and unleash their full potential. We have taught over two million people and have been passionate about teaching English for over 40 years. Our unique method is proven and aligned to the Common European Framework Reference for Languages, the global standard for language acquisition and education.
With a current enrollment of 190,000 students in over 450 learning centers in 28 different countries across the globe, our centers offer a near immersion experience and a unique Blended Learning Method to help each member reach their fullest potential.
Wall Street English Indonesia has been in operation since 2007 and is known as a premium provider of English language courses. There are currently six centers in Jakarta and one center in Bandung, Indonesia’s third largest city. With new competitors in the market, we are looking to establish ourselves as the market leader.
Our centers are designed, built and equipped to a premium standard, thus providing teachers, employees and members with an excellent study and work environment.
Members at WSE Indonesia are typically between 18 and 30 years old. They are college students, who perhaps want to study abroad, or young professionals who are looking to further their careers. They are motivated to learn English because they know that it will change their lives, and recognize that it is an essential skill for their career development. Levels range from beginner right through to advanced and all members are clearly placed at the correct level to ensure that they are studying alongside people with the same ability.
Class sizes are kept small, to an average of 3 students per class, which helps to ensure that real progress is made by all and allows for easy classroom management.
Lessons are made up of a variety of teaching materials and are designed to be engaging and communicative. English Trainers guide Members through both controlled practice and authentic conversation activities. All lesson materials are already in place; so minimal lesson planning is required.
Salary and benefits
- Highly competitive salary (to be discussed in the interview stage)
- Accommodation allowance
- Service-based bonus scheme with monthly, quarterly and annual components
- Visa and work permits organized and paid for by Wall Street English Indonesia
- Up to 15 days hotel/guest house stay during settling-in process
- 3 million Indonesian Rupiah settling-in allowance
- Indonesian GSM SIM card with 100,000 Indonesian Rupiah credit
- Two fixed consecutive days off per week
- Economy return flight from home country to Jakarta
- Outpatient medical benefits of 1 month gross salary (minus tax)
- Hospitalization Insurance: Level 600
- State obligatory manpower and health insurance
- 15 days’ annual leave plus national holidays (approx. 15 additional days)
- Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any subject
- Cambridge CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent 120-hour TEFL course
- Further TEFL qualifications (such as Cambridge DELTA/MA TESOL) is an advantage
- 2-3 years’ teaching experience (preferred), to be proven by references
- Team leadership experience; ability to lead, motivate and develop a team
- Previous Wall Street English experience is an advantage
- Experience having lived in different countries is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills – patient, responsible and empathetic
- Inspiring and supportive to staff and Members
- Passionate about service, training, teaching and coaching
- Willing to be in Indonesia for more than one year
- Under 50 years of age
How to apply
If you meet these requirements and want to start the next chapter of your life with us, or if you would just like some more information, please send your CV and a covering letter (with the subject line “tefljobsoverseas CEM application”) to email@example.com and visit our website www.wallstreetenglish.co.id/en today!