Ho Chi Minh City, also commonly known by its former name of Saigon, is Vietnam’s most populous and cosmopolitan city. With a population of nearly nine million, you’ll never experience a dull moment here. The city has rapidly modernized over the last few years with new the construction of new skyscrapers, malls and housing developments. While it is a high-octane place with things happening 24/7, there are many still places to relax and soak in the traditional Vietnamese lifestyle. The economy in this southern metropolis is booming, and don’t expect it to slow down anytime soon!
If your interested in a smaller city, APAX also has centers in Bien Hoa, Binh Duong, Vung Tau. These cities offer a more relaxed atmosphere. In addition, teachers who work in Bien Hoa and Binh Duong are eligible to receive substantial bonuses.
• you must be a native English speaker from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland or South Africa
• have a bachelor's degree (or higher)
• have and ESL teaching certificate (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, etc.)
• be able to provide a background check less than six months old from your home country or last country of residence
• be able to pass a health check required by the Vietnamese government
Typical tasks that may be carried out include but are not limited to:
• Preparing and delivering fully organized lessons that are provided (No lesson planning is required)
• Classroom management
• Marking and providing appropriate feedback to quizzes, writing assignments, etc.
• Attending and contributing to training sessions
• Basic administration: taking attendance, inputting grades, giving monthly feedback on student progress, etc.
SALARY / BENEFITS:
• Entry level salary range of 35,000,000 VND to 38,600,000 VND for 21 teaching contact hours per week
• Over-time hourly rate of 525,000 VND
• Monthly accommodation allowance of 6,450,000 VND OR provided accommodation
• 12-month contract completion bonus of 10,750,000 VND
• Bonuses of 10,000,000 VND - 56,250,000 VND for working in smaller cities
• ~20 vacation days
• Health insurance support
• Work permit reimbursement upon 12 month completion
• Average class size of 10-16 students
• Program training provided
• Opportunities for advancement (not only teaching)
• Ongoing teacher support
HOW TO APPLY
Please email email@example.com the following documents
1. formatted CV / resume
2. scan/picture of your bachelor's degree (or higher)
3. scan/picture of your ESL teaching certificate (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, etc.)
4. scan/picture of your passport photo page
5. A short video introducing yourself. Get creative! We love to see what different candidates come up with using video and editing skills, and if you can pull this off, you'll find you fit very well at APAX English.