We are looking to expand our native speaker teaching team to continue carrying out our successful and exciting partnership program.
Our partnership program has been running for seven years and we are currently recruiting teachers for the 2018-2019 academic school year (August 20th, 2018 to May 2019). Teachers will be assigned to teach at the high school partnership program in Hung Yen city. Students are from the age of 15 to 17 years old, grade 10 to 12.
Although class size varies from 35 to 40 students, there always is a teaching assistant who in most case is the English teacher from the partner schools. Working hour is Monday to Saturday morning only from 7:30 a.m. to 12:05 p.m. Curriculum and textbooks of the program are provided. We also provide company’s shuttle to take our teachers from the teacher’s community to the schools and back. Teachers can choose to stay at the company’s houseshare for only 3,000,000 VND per month.
Please take the time to read over the details below of the position and email us with your application. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you
- English speakers from America, Australia, South Africa, Canada, and the UK
- Relevant College Degree (4 years)
- CELTA or TESOL certificate or other teaching equivalency
- At least 1 year of teaching experience
- A clean Police Clearance Check
- High level of in class Energy
- Enthusiastic about teaching ESL
- A professional attitude and appearance
- Able to teach in a Language Center and Partner School classroom
- Able to produce a Neutral Accent during lessons
Details of Position:
- 400.000 – 500.000 VND per hour based on experience and qualifications
- Completion Bonus
- Company private health insurance policy
- Guarantee a minimum of 60 hours teaching month
- Consistent Monday to Friday schedule
- No deduction is taken from monthly salary.
- Setup of a local bank account
- Receive training to improve teaching skills
- Teaching the provided syllabus using ESL methods
- Creating and administering engaging speaking activities
- Administering mid-term and final tests
- Participating in mandatory training workshops and meetings
- Attending special school events
- In certain circumstances, working or covering at the English center
- Regular communication with our office
- Teacher’s package includes information, curriculum, and teaching materials
- Approachable and friendly working environment
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Flexible: willingness to adapt to new environment and change
- Self sufficient: Ability to manage oneself in a new cultural environment
- Culturally sensitive: desire to interact with other Vietnamese teachers and respect the culture differences
- Creative: ability to solve problems quickly and come up with interesting and dynamic lesson plans cater to the needs of Vietnamese students
- Experienced: at ease with large classes, various approaches to ESL teaching giving different teaching setting preferably in public schools
- Mobile: flexible in adjusting to transportation and traffic in Hanoi
- Committed: desire to follow through different projects at hand and complete until the end of contract
Position start dates on August 20tth, 2018 for one academic year to May 31st 2019
Washington English Center is a moderately sized language center located in Hanoi celebrating our ninth year of operation. Our English center is part of the Education and Training Consultation Group (ETC) that has been providing education services to Vietnamese students for the past 20 years.
Method of Application:
- Please email your CV, current Photo, and Cover letter to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org the Subject line of “Your Name Full-Time ESL teaching position”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Washington Language Center Hiring Team