The London School is currently offering two full time teaching positions.
Hours: 23 hours per week contact hours + 4 hours training / meetings / admin
As a teacher at the London School, you will be expected to undergo paid induction at start of contract, attend weekly CPD and informative meetings and deliver lessons to YLEs, teens and adults on and off-site.
Courses will cover exam preparation, general English and English for specific needs. T
he school will support training initiatives if in line with the annual objectives.
Much of our work is off site and travel time is paid at travel rates. The school manages 4 company cars that are allocated for off-site work.
• Apply the QA system to reflect the Didactic Policy (Mission) in all areas
• Manage the classes and courses assigned according to the information given.
• Ensure the lesson and course content is coherent with the Syllabus and aims given by DoS.
• Ensure that groups and individuals are continuously monitored during lessons and collect feedback regularly in order to guide lesson content.
• Teachers are responsible for student satisfaction relating to the teaching and meeting of objectives.
• Any problems arising in or out of the classroom, staff room or at any internal or external site where we are teaching should be immediately reported to the Director or Quality Manager
• Participate actively in meetings in order to be continuously updated on new initiatives, products, services, and projects
• Participate actively in CPD sessions and professional training planned by the Director, Academic Manager, DoS, or CEM
• Carry out peer observations and expect to be observed by Director, DoS, and peers.
• Arrive to lessons prepared and with all needed materials 10 minutes before the start time for both on-site and off-site classes.
• Student self-study / homework should be checked online by the teacher at least once a week and feedback given to the student.
• Written work must be marked promptly, feedback given, and rewrites encouraged.
• Supportive and useful feedback must be given on speaking tasks as part of continuous assessment.
• Teachers should make relevant notes on the online register to refer back to during individual student portfolios.
• Ensure the classroom is supervised under all circumstances during a lesson with under 18-year-olds.
• Behave professionally with students, clients, and colleagues at all times.
• Teachers should respect and support internal decisions where students and courses are concerned.
• Respect differences in culture, politics, or religion. Be sensitive when expressing personal preferences in the classroom.
• Support management and maintain a sense of loyalty and belonging to the school.
• Use appropriate tact when communicating with peers, colleagues, and clients.
• Follow the dress code: smart (not formal), clean and appropriate to the culture
The London School is based in North East Italy in a small provincial town. The school is one of the oldest in the province, having been set up 30 years ago.
The school is an accredited Eaquals and AISLi school and, as such, adheres to high quality standards. Our strongest area continues to be the value and service we give to our clients.
We try to ensure that clients are well-aware of what they can expect from us and what we expect from them.
We try to help them to become autonomous in their learning by spending time on student inductions and giving individual tutorials to all of our in-house students.
The school is renowned for being supportive of teachers and investing in and encouraging CPD. We are pro-active members of AISLi and Eaquals and we encourage our employees to attend conferences and give presentations.
The contract and salary will be agreed based on experience and qualifications with a starting wage of €1,250 net p.m. for a newly qualified teacher.
Benefits: paid holidays, CPD support, personal CPD contribution.
Start 20th October with initial contract to 30th May with a possibility to review.
Junior Teacher: CELTA or equivalent, degree and clean driving license
Senior teacher / Teacher trainer: CELTA, DELTA or equivalent, degree and clean driving license
Applicants interested should send their CV to
Please include your telephone number and SKYPE details.
Short listed applicants will be sent a Teachers Handbook with full details of work at the London School and they will also have support in finding accommodation.