Educator - IELTS Examiner (Hourly rate)
Location: Vietnam - Da Nang
The role & key responsibilities:
- Teach to a high standard on any of the English courses or programs offered by SLE as timetabled.
- Actively engage in the use and implementation of appropriate educational technologies including communication systems and planning tools such as PowerPoint and teaching applications.
- Commit to a scholarly and reflective approach to learning and teaching.
- Participate in School-wide and student engagement activities as requested.
- Educators/ IELTS Examiners may be invited to take on academic leadership roles within SLE or at any of its locations of delivery
Key selection criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree. A relevant Master’s degree is desirable.
- A recognised international qualification in teaching English as a foreign/second/further language (such as CELTA or equivalent course).
- A minimum 3 years’ verifiable post CELTA or equivalent English teaching experience.
- Ability to teach on academic preparation, test preparation, adults/teens English, business English or any other related English teaching program using current TESOL methodologies and educational technologies.
- Ability to meet deadlines, effectively manage varying workloads including giving feedback on students’ work, and respond to changing priorities as required.
- Experience in IELTS teaching and examining, placement testing, curriculum development, digital resources, online education development, student support, and delivery of professional development is desirable.
Competitive hourly rates of pay, from $28.50 – $37.00 per teaching hour
PTI health insurance for employees
Support with Visa, Work Permit, and Residence Card processes (and reimbursement for reasonable costs)
Excellent academic guidance and supportive team structures
World class teaching facilities and resources
Professional development and mentoring from the Senior Educators
To find out more:
For further information about this role, and how to apply, please click on the link below:
- Teachers will be required to teach mostly on evenings and weekends. In the summer peak season, teaching will also be available during the day.
- Cumulative teaching experience will need to be supported by a statement of service.
- Priority will be given to candidates already based in Vietnam, or those intending to relocate to Vietnam.
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process. Work Permit requirements are subject to change. RMIT Vietnam reserves the right to rescind a job offer if the preferred candidate does not provide the required documents to obtain a Work Permit within a reasonable timeframe.
Application closes on 18 Nov 2018