A small independent English school in Maizuru City, Kyoto Prefecture is looking for experienced NATIVE English teachers who love teaching children and adults alike.
We will conduct Skype video interviews with suitable candidates for the available between 10:00-14:00 (JST).
There is one available position for a regular teacher. The position's start date is mid-March 2019. Interviews will begin immediately.
Maizuru is a great place for people who would like to know the real Japan! We are situated among beautiful mountains, beaches, and scenic rice fields. The city is small enough to enjoy the perks of a close-knit, welcoming local community and large enough to provide easy living with its many shopping centers and an ever-helpful expat population. Cities such as Osaka, Kyoto, and Kobe are roughly 1.5-2 hours away for your weekend or holiday adventures.
You will be teaching students of all ages, Monday to Friday. 80% of the students are beginner-level children, so we are looking for a friendly, outgoing and diligent person to fill this role. You must be able to memorize a routine and be highly organized.
Candidates currently residing in Japan are preferred, but highly qualified applicants living abroad are encouraged to apply. Work visa sponsorship will be considered for the right candidate, and visa renewal is not a problem.
A Japanese license or International Driving Permit is mandatory for the regular teacher position.
What we offer you:
Salary: 250,000 Yen/month (First month max. 200,000 Yen -due to training period. Bonus of 50,000 Yen on completion of contract.) Second year contract signing will increase the monthly salary by 5000 Yen. There is also a yearly performance-based bonus.
● 7 weeks paid holiday
● National Health Insurance
● Transportation costs covered
● Unemployment Insurance
● Japanese-style apartment with estimated rent of 50,000 Yen per month + utilities
● Leased car; 15,000 Yen deducted from paycheck per month (insurance included)
Please apply by direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
● Include Resume
● 2 teaching references that we can contact via email or phone
● Cover letter explaining what qualities you can bring to our school. Please inform us about any health conditions as well as whether you would expect to be moving to Maizuru alone or with a spouse and/or children.
● 2 recent photos (1 personal, 1 professional)
● A copy of your degree (and any additional certification)
● A copy of your Japanese Residence card or work visa if applicable
● A copy of your driver's license
To find out more about Best Eikaiwa and our teaching positions please visit our website. Best Eikaiwa Website: www.best-eikaiwa.com