The Bohme English Academy
Position: Full-time teacher
Starting date: February 2019
Location: Gifu city, Japan.
Working schedule: 5 days a week (Tuesday-Saturday)
Thank you for considering a job at the Bohme English Academy. We have one position opening for the early part of 2019. This position involves teaching children of various ages, but the majority of the students will be between the ages 1-8. There might be a chance to teach some adult students, but the primary focus of this position is teaching young children.
* Applicants with teaching degrees, and/or qualifications such as the CELTYL will be highly favoured.
* We are looking for a teacher who is flexible and adaptable and has the ability/desire to teach a wide range of students.
* We would like applicants to have experience in the field of early childhood teaching.
*An ability to work independently is very important. While we will train successful candidates, we recognize that every teacher is different and has strengths in different areas. With this in mind we want our teachers to use their own teaching style & methods to create fun and exciting classes for our students.
* Someone who really enjoys teaching children, and enjoys planning fun & engaging lessons.
* Someone who is comfortable teaching very young learners, and can demonstrate the patience & energy needed in order to teach these classes.
* We have three schools. They are located in Ichinomiya City (Aichi Prefecture), Ginan Town and Gifu City (Gifu Prefecture).
* Classrooms are fully equipped with unlimited internet access, video / audio access and countless supplementary materials.
* Our class size limits are as follows:
1-2 year olds (with mothers) - 8 student limit
3-6 year olds (with a Japanese assistant) 15 student limit
6-10 year olds - 8 student limit
11-16 year olds - 8 student limit
* Our very early learner classes are 30-50 minutes, depending on age
* Our pre-school age classes (3-6 year olds) are 2 hours in length.
* Our elementary school age classes are 50-75 minutes, depending on the curriculum
* Teaching materials are provided, but we actively encourage our teachers to create their own lesson materials as well.
- Native English speaker.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- TESOL / ESL training and experience in an ESL setting.
- The ability to plan enjoyable, high quality lessons for a variety of classes.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- DBS check/Criminal records check
- At least two references
- Experience living overseas for a minimum of 6 months.
- Japanese is an asset, as is any other second language.
- The ability to adhere to curriculum planning deadlines.
- International drivers license.
- Starting salary: 250,000 yen per month.
- Performance bonuses.
- Fully furnished and spacious shared staff house/apartment (depends on school). ¥60,000/month (which includes all utilities) as well as refundable deposits.
- Visa sponsorship.
- Travel bonus, as well as a contract completion bonus.
- Company will provide a cell phone if needed - call charges to be paid by you.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a cover letter explaining about your experience, why you are interested in this position and a recent photo to: