Title: English as a Second Language Teacher
Job status: Hourly
Location: Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
The New York Mets are a world-class sports and entertainment company located in Flushing, New York. As a family-owned and customer-focused organization, our values are based on teamwork and hard work, trust and integrity, and professionalism and accountability.
Many of our Latin American players begin their careers at our academy in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic. Player training includes on-field activity, weight room training, life skills acquisition, and English classes.
Roles and responsibilities:
The Mets are seeking an English as a Second Language teacher. This is an hourly position based out of our Academy in Boca Chia. The English as a Second Language teacher will provide two ESL classes on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons. Classes include up to 12 players.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Use Mets curriculum to create engaging English classes
- Create classes that are appropriate for English level of students in that class
- Track players progress throughout the year
- Degree in Education or related field
- ESL teaching experience
- Confidence in verbal communication in front of front office executives, coaches and players
- Basic familiarity with baseball and baseball concepts
Kathleen Dillon, New York Mets Education Coordinator
Please email resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org