Are you interested in relocating to one of South East Asia’s most vibrant and dynamic cities? Want to teach your passion rather than ESL? We need Maths, Science and English Literature teachers! Instead of ESL teaching, teachers can share their passion for their degree subjects, building close relationships and transforming students’ futures. The International Tutor Group (ITG) is a Tutoring Agency rather than a school, providing academic and mentoring support to students from Vietnam’s best international schools. All you need is a flair for your subject, a strong degree, and preferably some experience working with young people.
ITG is offering both full and part-time positions in Vietnam’s emerging hub of Ho Chi Minh City. We’re on the hunt for experienced tutors who can support leading international school students up to IGCSE and IB / A-Level. You’ll have flexible working hours and still be able to dedicate time to your personal projects or simply enjoy Vietnamese local life.
ITG is a British run company specializing in academic support for all international curricula. We’re a small, family-style setup with about 20 teachers working mostly 1-1 and in small groups. Tutors will have the opportunity to make lasting and effective relationships with their students in a supportive professional environment. ITG offers extensive training and curriculum guidance from international school teachers with years of experience. When you arrive in HCMC we’ll help organise every aspect of your stay from accommodation to your work permit and residency card. Positions are available from 6 to 18 months, starting from January or February 2019.
It is only our opinion, but we think there has never been a better time to be in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). Drenched in history, Saigon is a city in the midst of a mind-boggling transformation. New skyscrapers, hip international bars and buzzing arts venues appear on an almost weekly basis. This is set amongst the last vestiges of a sleepy French Colonial past and the utterly distinctive quality of traditional street life, with its bustling coffee shops and mouthwatering food vendors. Our gorgeous Study Centre is located in a leafy suburb just a short hop from the city centre, so you’ll be sure to make the most of it all whilst having ample space to relax.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant subject area.
- 2 years professional experience - not necessarily teaching experience.
- A teaching qualification - PGCE / Masters in Education / TEFL (online TEFL course can be provided for the right candidates)
- Subject knowledge excellence
- Experience working with young people
- Ability to make excellent, empathetic relationships with young people in a personal, 1-1 environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work closely and collaboratively in a small team
- Teaching experience at primary or secondary level.
- Experience in schools or working with young people
- Flexibility, initiative, excellent organisational skills and ability to work independently
- Competitive salary - $1300-2000 monthly
- Flexible hours
- Friendly, family-feel company run by British teachers
- Full and part-time positions available
- Contracts between 6 months and 18 months, renewable Visa and work permit organized and paid for by ITG
- Initial accommodation and airport pickup organised upon arrival
- Social events regularly organised and a new staff welcoming program provided
- Admin support to assist with all areas of the transition to Vietnam.
Please send a cover letter along with a CV, your degree subject and final result, and your high school leaving subjects and result (these can be verified later) via email firstname.lastname@example.org.