IDEAL English Academy is a respected and highly professional private language school in Bangkok. Our English Programs are renowned for being creative, inspiring and will captivate the students desire to learn. The students who learn with us become confident, capable and aspiring English language users.
We are recruiting Native Speakers of English for the following positions starting in April:
Primary Level Intensive Program English Teacher (ref. IPP)
IDEAL is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Primary level English Teacher to join our excellent IP department at our Client School in Rama 4. Starting off in summer school, the successful candidate will be joining a strong, hard-working team of Teachers who are committed to achieving the best for all their students. We are ambitious for our students and we are seeking to appoint a teacher who can bring the right blend of flexibility, commitment, energy and vision.
This is a full time position so you would be teaching up to 20 periods per week with additional hours for admin duties and lesson planning/activities, and you will have the support and training from an outstanding Head Teacher.
Secondary Level Intensive Program English Teacher (ref. IPM)
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Secondary School Teacher to join us at our Client School in Rama 4. The whole Secondary department pride themselves on excellent student results. You will need to be creative in your approach to teaching and learning, with the ability to inspire pupils and maintain a commitment to the company’s high standards.
Again, this is full time position so you would be teaching up to 20 periods per week with additional hours for admin duties and lesson planning/activities, and you will have the support and training from a seasoned Head Teacher.
We are looking for teachers who have:
• A deep caring about students and commitment to the teaching profession and ethics
• A demonstrated cultural understanding and respect and a desire to live and work in Thailand
• A sense of adventure and an interest in contributing to the success of our client schools and students
• A well balanced, flexible and adaptable nature
• A good role model for students and colleagues, demonstrating high personal standards at all times
• Professionalism at school as fitting for a teacher at an academically oriented private school in Thailand
• Be able to plan, organizing and preparing classes, including developing detailed lesson plans
Innovative and receptive to new ideas and opportunities for professional development
• Develop learning materials that support the learning objectives and planned activities
• Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited University
• ESL qualification: TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (min. 120 hrs of in class training)
What we can offer you:
The benefits of working with IDEAL English Academy are self-explanatory. You get to live and work in 'Beautiful Thailand' and you get to teach some of the best kids in the world.
• Monday to Friday 8am-4pm work week
• New Teachers salary between 36-38,000 Baht during probation
• Experienced Teachers starting at least 40,000 Baht during probation
• All salary’s will increase after Probation
• 12-month renewable contract with an annual salary increase
• Bonus at the end of the contract
• Non B visa extension and Work Permit supplied by IDEAL.
• 20 days holiday per year, with an additional 13 public holidays plus Christmas off (all paid).
• Meals provided
• AIA Health and medical insurance cover
The school is conveniently located within walking distance from Queen Sirikit or Khlong Toei MRT stations in the heart of central Bangkok.
How to apply
At this time we are only accepting Native Speakers of English from the UK, Ireland, the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. South African applicants must have a valid TOEIC score of 800+
Please quote ref. IPP for the Primary level post or IPM for the Secondary post on the subject line, then email the following documents to email@example.com
1. Cover letter and CV
2. Scanned copy of university degree/transcripts and ESL certificate
3. Scanned copy of the photo page in your passport
Please note that we have a two stage interview process and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a pre-interview test. A teaching demonstration will also be required after the interview.
IDEAL English Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please also note that as part of the company's recruitment procedure, all newly appointed teachers will undergo a background check.