Amic English Center, a division of AMIC International, is seeking applications for full-time employment in Matsuyama-shi, the capital of Ehime prefecture on Shikoku island in Japan. This job starts in April.
Main responsibilities include:
- Planning and teaching children's and adults’ conversation classes
- Assisting with day-to-day office activities
Salary and benefits:
- Salary starting from 250,000yen/month (based on experience)
- 1,000 to 5,000yen pay raise every 6 months based on the performance evaluation
- Proofreading allowance
- Apartment is ready at a reasonable rent
WEEKLY WORK SCHEDULE:
- Work hours are eight hours per day/five days per week, totaling 40 hours per week.
- Teaching hours do not exceed 25 hours per week. Since the length of a lesson varies depending on its type, teaching time is calculated in minutes as opposed to the number of classes.
DAILY WORK SCHEDULE:
- Work hours are typically from 12 noon to 9 pm, including an hour break. Saturday classes may start as early as at 10 am, in which case the work day will end at 7 pm.
AMIC International is a diversified English-language services company that offers English conversation classes at five schools throughout Matsuyama and translation and proofreading services for nationwide companies. Also, the company started programming education for children this year to contribute to the wider area of education. It's a fun and interesting place to work, and the students are wonderful.
Matsuyama is a historic castle-town with the oldest continuously-used hot springs in Japan. There is plenty of entertainment, great food, shopping, exciting festivals, and good access to natural beauty.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Native-level Fluency in English
- Bachelors degree required
- A fantastic attitude
- Available to start in the middle of April
- Teaching experience
- Teaching qualifications (TEFL/TESOL/CELTA)
- Proofreading experience
A work visa sponsorship is available.
To apply for this position, please email the following to the email address below:
1. A cover letter
3. A recent photo
4. A letter of reference
Please email to:
School web site for students:
Please understand that only the successful candidates will be contacted.