Position: English Language Instructor
Reports to: English Language Program Manager.
Duty station: Mafraq, King Hussein Air Force Base-
Duration and type of contract: Full time
Salary (JOD): 1,100 JOD/month + program completion
payment equal to one month
AMIDEAST is seeking a female native-English speaking instructor to conduct English training and courses for a 12-month skills development program in Mafraq at the King Hussein Air College (KHAC) located at the King Hussein Air Force Base operated by the Royal Jordanian Air Force. The ideal candidate will be willing and able to live in provided furnished accommodations for up to 52 weeks and will be responsible for teaching up to 30 hours per week for male and female pilots, cadets and technicians in training between ages 18-24.
Role and responsibilities
• Design supplementary materials as needed;
• Punctual delivery of training for all scheduled courses/classes;
• Follow the designed syllabus for the course;
• Provide feedback and reporting to supervisors as necessary;
• Maintain daily attendance and performance records
• Submit weekly student performance reports as required;
• Attend instructors' meetings;
• Correct homework, quizzes and all assignments;
• Assist in activities designed for student development;
• Complete a timesheet for payment on a monthly basis.
• Must be a native English speaker;
• TESL/TEFL /CELTA certification is required;
• Relevant college degree;
• Excellent English communication, organizational, time management and presentation skills;
• Enthusiastic, committed, and a team player;
• Knowledge of English language teaching methods, approaches, and materials;
• Flexible, self-motivated, patient and a sense of humor;
• Contract is monthly for a fixed period of 12 months from the signature.
• KHAC will provide fully furnished and climate controlled accommodation for each instructor.
• KHAC will provide access to the base cafeteria, fitness, laundry and medical facilities while at the base.
• KHAC will provide transportation to and from Amman when required.
• AMIDEAST will provide round trip air fare from the nearest major international airport of origin, initial hotel stay during orientation and initial tourist visa coverage.
• AMIDEAST will provide the instructor with a one –year labor permit and residency in Jordan.
• All incomes are subject to Jordanian income and Social Security deductions per the Jordanian Labor law. Jordanian Social Security deductions can be refunded upon completion of the contract.
• For American citizens; a deduction for FICA (Foreign Income Contributions Act) on all earnings as required by U.S. law.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the incumbent will perform other reasonable work- related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other executives when necessary. AMIDEAST reserves the right to change duties and responsibilities as needed.
All interested applicants should submit an updated resume and a cover letter to the English Language Programs Manager David Lazaro at: firstname.lastname@example.org