Suankularb Wittayalai English Program requires 1 full-time English and Social Studies teacher for April 22, 2019 start date.
Join our team in historic Bangkok teaching bilingual M1-M3 (Grades 7-9) Thai male students. This is a good opportunity for a serious educator who appreciates Thai history and culture to work in a reputable school with bright and motivated students. If you are friendly, hard-working, creative and adaptive, our school will give you the chance to focus on your teaching, curriculum development, and mentoring skills.
About the Job:
- Max. class load 18 periods per week.
- Class size: 30 male students aged 12-15.
- Salary 45,000 THB.
- School pays all work permit, Non B visa issuance and extension, and government employee health insurance costs.
- 12 month Thai government school contract
- 4 weeks annual vacation plus statutory government holidays.
- all offices and classrooms are air-conditioned.
The successful applicant will:
- be NATIVE SPEAKER from UK, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
- have a university / college Bachelor's degree (BA, BSc, etc).
- have an English teaching certificate such as CELTA
- ready to teach beyond ESL to include focused reading and writing, civics, economics, geography and health.
- have at least 1 year experience teaching English at high school level.
- be familiar with the Thai curriculum
- design a complete syllabus and curriculum with resource materials, goals and benchmarks
- create effective formative assessments and exams, and develop engaging activities to supplement bookwork
- visit the school in person for interview and teaching demonstration in Feb/Mar 2019.
Interested applicants please send: cover letter, resume (CV), recent photo, photocopy or scan of passport photo page (clearly showing your nationality, birth-date and birthplace). Candidates invited for interview must provide original copies of academic transcripts, diplomas, TEFL/CELTA certificate, etc. Email: email@example.com
About the EPLUS+ (English Program):
- SK EPLUS+ is an English Program teaching English, Social Science, Science, Math, and Health in English
- follows an enhanced Thai government school curriculum
- started in 2015, now entering its 5th year
- located and fully integrated into SK school campus with full use of shared facilities
- EPLUS+ students are selected by competitive entrance exams and interviews
- EPLUS+ students are Thai nationals with intermediate English fluency who generally come from prathom level EP programs
- EPLUS+ aims to graduate students at CEFR Level B2 at the end of M3
About Suankularb Wittayalai School:
Suankularb is Thailand's oldest and most prestigious boys high school,
located in historic Bangkok near Memorial Bridge, Wat Po, Grand Palace, Chinatown, and the Chao Phraya River.
Click here for more: