WHO WE ARE:
We are Elite Language Schools founded by two Canadians who have made their home in central Taiwan. We run two ESL school located in Changhua County, Taiwan: Tianjhong Town (Pop. 42,000) and Yuanlin City (Pop. 125,000). Our mission is to create the next generation of fluent English speakers in Taiwan! We are a great starter school for anyone interested in coming to Asia to teach for the first time.
WHERE WE ARE:
We have two branches: the Tianjhong Town branch and the Yuanlin City branch. Both branches are conveniently located close to the train station, so you will have quick and easy access to the schools, as well as Taiwan’s major cities and scenic attractions. We are just an hour away from Taipei or Kaohsiung by High Speed Train. Did I mention that the high speed train station is located in Tianjhong town?
Furthermore, we are just a hop, skip, and a jump to the Baguashan Mountain Range and the Tianzhong Forest Park, where you can enjoy many outdoor activities. https://eng.taiwan.net.tw/m1.aspx?sNo=0002113
Being in a relatively small town has several advantages:
• You get to experience authentic Chinese culture on a daily basis (think temples and smiling faces on every corner),
• Scenic and relaxing natural environments (hiking, cycling, nature walks),
• Cost of living is lower than in major urban areas
Monday to Friday: classes are in attendance from late afternoons to evenings (roughly 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.) which leaves your mornings free for whatever activities you wish to pursue.
• Starting base hourly rate of NT $620 with possibility of yearly increase
• We guarantee a minimum of 20 hours of teaching time per week.
• Pre-written lesson plans (unlike other schools, you do not need to write the weekly lesson plan)
• *We offer paid training, so you do not need to be worry about being put in a classroom environment without any support.
WE WILL HELP YOU WITH:
• Work Visa and Alien Residence Card (ARC)
• Pay a portion of your national health insurance according to government regulations.
• Bank Account setup
• Filing and reclaiming government taxes (Income taxes are 18% for the first 182 days, then recalculated at 5~6 % (retroactively), based on annual earnings.
• Finding housing
WHAT WE NEED:
• A native English speaker holding a Canadian or American passport
• We currently have one position available
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher
• A person who enjoys dealing with children of all ages, as well as young adults and adults
• Able to commit to at least a year with us
• Possess qualities of responsibility, diligence, flexibility, cultural sensitivity, and patience
• Be sociable and friendly
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Teach group classes (8 students maximum), as well as individual tutoring
• Prepare for lessons (lesson plans are already pre-written, so you will just need to review the day’s material to teach)
• Grade essays
• Write comments and grades in student’s daily planner
• Write report cards
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED:
1. Please send us a cover-letter explaining why you would like to teach in Taiwan, and your resume with two references' contact information (former employers or professors) to: email@example.com, subject heading: 2019 Spring ESL Position
2. If chosen, we’ll contact you to setup a time for a telephone/Skype interview
ATTN: Vincent Raschella
Director of Recruitment
Elite Language Schools