Gyeonggi English Village Yangpyeong Camp
1. Summer Camp (June 16th~August 30th),
2. Russian Camp (6/16~7/19)
3. One Year Contracts (May/June 2014~May/June 2015)
**Must be able to arrive at least three days prior to the starting date for training purposes.**
Gyeonggi English Village is a publicly owned institution that has been in operation for over six years. Our mission at each of our schools is to provide students with an opportunity to practice their English and leadership skills in an environment that encourages and motivates them to do their best. Our students are exposed to various cultures of the English speaking world. While involving them in activities that help them to appreciate the world in which they live and the impact that learning English can have. We understand the vital role that teachers play in accomplishing our mission and therefore do our best to make your time working at our English Village a truly memorable and enjoyable experience.
About the Teaching Environment:
• The teaching situation at our English Village is independent teaching. You will have a Korean co-teacher but will not teach the same class at the same time.
• Half the day would be teaching academic English lessons to classes of around 15-20 students. The other half would be spent teaching theme classes such as: cooking, science, art, etc.
• Normal Working Hours: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM (Mon-Thu) 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM (Fri)
o Camp Working Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM (Mon – Fri)
• Employees will work eight (8) hours per day (excluding lunch period from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.) per week. Any time worked over is considered overtime and is paid as time and a half. We offer a compensatory day system as well, for those who prefer accumulating additional vacation days in lieu of pay.
• Program and activity hours may be scheduled to fulfill the 40-hour working week.
Overtime opportunities are frequent during the camp programs when schedules run nearly back to back.
o All overtime (40+ hr/week or national holidays) is paid at 1.5x salary rate.
• 2.2~2.4 Million Won / month depending on qualifications
• National healthcare coverage (long-term contracts).
• National pension contributions (long-term contracts).
• 10 working days paid vacation for 1 year contracts, 5 for 6 month contracts.
• Round-trip airfare reimbursement (up to 1.5 mil KRW) for 1 year contracts.
• One-way airfare reimbursement (up to 750,000 KRW) for summer camp (2.5 month) contracts.
Fully-furnished studio apartments with double occupancy or single occupancy dormitory-style rooms are available to our short term (camp) employees. For long term employees (6 months+), studio apartments or two bedroom apartments are available. Two bedroom apartments can be used for teachers with families or couples.
Studio & Two Bedroom Apartments: Each room is equipped with: flat panel TV, microwave, electric range, vacuum cleaner, internet phone, wall clock, twin bed (double bed for two room), stand-up shower, personal refrigerator, dining table, washing machine, two ceiling heating/AC systems, storage closets, clothes dry-rack, and carpeted floors. Utilities will be automatically taken out of your monthly salary.
Dormitory-Style Accommodation: Each dormitory room is for a single occupant. Each dormitory is equipped with: twin bed, desk, storage closets and an en suite bathroom. Communal kitchens and laundry facilities are also located within the dormitory complex.
• Free internet.
• Visa and contract assistance as needed.
• Lunch is provided (M-F) in the cafeteria.
• Comp days (time off) or overtime payment opportunities will be available at 1.5x compensation.
• Orientation period of three days (Jet lag, prep-time, class observation, curricula familiarization, etc.) – No payment.
** Necessary documents ** (Not necessary for applicants on a current E-2 or holding a F-Visa).
Long term - Visa type : E-2 or F visas
If you are new to applying for teaching positions in Korea:
1. Apostilled copy of your 4 year+ university diploma
2. Apostilled copy of a nationwide background check (less than 6 months old)
3. 2 passport sized photos
5. Self-medical check form
Short term (vacation period, less than 3 months teaching) - Visa type: C-4 or F visas
**Documents are the same as above. However, you are able to apply for this visa at your local Korean consulate.
Location and Website:
Gyeonggi English Village Yangpyeong Camp: http://www.yea.or.kr or http://www.yea.or.kr/english
Location: About an hour and a half getting to the center of Seoul by subway. 40 minutes by train.
** How to apply **
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume, cover letter, and a recent photo to: email@example.com.
Please be sure to list contact information for us to reach you at and the most convenient times for us to interview with you.
Looking forward to hearing from you very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Gyeonggi English Village Yangpyeong Camp