TTC School - Global Dong Nai is a grade 1-12 bilingual school located in the city of Bien Hoa, Vietnam, which is approximately 28 km (45 minutes) northeast of Ho Chi Minh City. We are currently looking for qualified, reliable native English language teachers from the United States, Canada, Australia, England, Ireland as well as Philippines for the following full-time teaching positions:
- Cambridge International Examinations ESL Math Teacher (Primary)
- Cambridge International Examinations ESL (Primary)
- Cambridge International Examinations ESL Science (Primary)
- ESL Teacher (Secondary)
Global Dong Nai offers a dual curriculum with students taking the national Vietnamese program concurrently alongside the Internationally recognized Cambridge International Primary Program OR a tiered EAP (English for Academic Purposes) program based on proficiency level (depending on student abilities). The program endorses a content and language integrated learning instructional (CLIL) approach with an emphasis on developing students’ cognitive and academic language proficiency (CALP) skills in preparation for study abroad.
Salary offered is dependent on qualifications and verifiable classroom teaching experience via references (Employer will contact references, so please make sure emails and phone numbers are valid);
Annual salary increases along with benefits package based on work / teaching performance reviews;
- 5 paid teaching months (Mid July–May);
Initial contract will have a probationary period and be for 1 academic year;
All new teachers are required to attend orientation and induction one week prior to the start of academic year (this is typically the last week of July).
- As Vietnamese labor law for TET Lunar New Year;
- All statutory national holidays;
Note: summer vacation is non-paid leave for 6 weeks, (however summer classes are optional if you want to work);
Accommodation / Housing Allowance
- A monthly housing allowance is paid (teacher is responsible for finding their own housing)
Visas, Work Permit and Temporary Residence Card
Once the teacher has provided all requisite documentation for the work permit application - a university degree and criminal background report from home country that has been authenticated / legalized by the Vietnamese Consulate in their home country as well as an original ESL teaching certificate (CELTA, TEFL, TESOL)...
- The school will pay for all visa extensions and related expenses until the work permit is issued;
- The school will pay the fees for the application and issuance of teacher’s work permits and renewals;
- Upon issuance of teacher work permit, the school will pay for and process the temporary residence card, which will negate the need for a visa;
- Full-time Contract Mid July - May
- Monday – Friday from 7:15 AM – 4:50PM
- Please note, weekly lesson plans for all classes are required
Teaching Support & Benefits:
- Teachers will have the same classes and teaching assistant all year long;
- The work schedule is daytime Monday - Friday. Some school events are on weekends throughout the year and are compulsory to attend, but for the most part, your evenings and weekends are free;
- Teacher’s Room with access to communal computers, Wi-Fi, B&W printers, and B&W photocopy machine, small kitchenette, and tables;
- Robust online teacher platform to track student marks, communicate with students and parents;
- Reflective observation program to support teaching team;
- Professional Learning Community (PLC) on a weekly basis for 1.5 hours to collaborate with team members;
- First and foremost, you must love to work with young children and enjoy teaching ESL.
- Secondly, you must be a positive, out-going, self-aware, reflective person who likes to teach and work in a culturally diverse setting, and is open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- Thirdly, you must be ICT literate – know how to use a computer, use the Internet to find teaching resources, use office suite software, check and respond to email, upload/download resources, etc.
- Ages of 22 – 55 will be considered. All applicants must have, at minimum, a
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and English language teaching certification (CELTA, TESOL, TEFL);
- Previous teaching experience is preferred, however, newly ESL certified teachers with a degree are more than welcome to apply.
How to Apply?
Please send a detailed resume, a recent color photograph, and reference letters or contact details from current to recent/current employment to: firstname.lastname@example.org