Are you a passionate teacher who is interested in enriching the lives of adult learners? Pagoda Academy is one of the few that provides a personally and professionally rewarding experience for dedicated and enthusiastic educators. Our programs, students, current teachers, and staff create a working environment that new teachers find very welcoming.
Pagoda Academy is at the forefront of foreign language education in Korea. Through the support of dedicated teachers and motivated students, Pagoda has grown considerably since its foundation in 1969 and currently employs over 100 native English-speaking teachers for our small group and one-to-one classes at branches in Seoul, Busan, and Incheon.
There are many teaching positions in South Korea and selecting the right opportunity can be a daunting task. New postings go up everyday, but few really stand out as exceptional opportunities. Come join us to develop and refine your skills while building rapport with motivated students from all walks of life!
Details about this role:
- 30-40 hours per week
- 1:1 or small group classes
- Occasional weekend classes based on demand
- Lesson plans and structure provided by the school
Salary and benefits:
- Guaranteed minimum of 2.1/2.2 million won. (Average 2.8-3.0 million monthly)
- 15 days paid vacation plus all national holidays
- Housing allowance and/or Key money
- E2 Visa Sponsorship
- 12 month contract
- Prepaid flight to Korea
- Airport pick up upon arrival
- Paid training
- Temporary accommodation in business hotel paid for during training
- 15 days paid vacation plus all National holidays
- National Health Insurance
- National Pension Plan
- Year end bonus
- Referral bonus
Requirements for this position include:
- Must be a native English speaker with a passport from one of the following countries: US, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
- Must obtain an “apostilled/authenticated” notarized COPY of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must obtain an “apostilled/authenticated” national background check (fingerprinted).
All interested and qualified candidates can apply by sending an email to HelloJobPagoda@gmail.com. Please include: Resume, Photo, Cover Letter, and any inquiries that you may have.