- 24 hours per week
- 5 Days per week
- In the morning, you will work 4 hours in total (We leave 30 minutes before the lessons start. All flats are a short walk from the office)
- In the afternoon you will work between 3.15 and approximately 7:30pm
- You may teach a variety of these levels: Starters, Movers, Flyers, KET, PET, FCE and CAE.
Details of Position
You will prepare your students to take Cambridge Exams that provides an end goal, structure to lessons, and the books are more tightly focused in terms of what needs to be done for each exam. .
Your role will include teaching a range of ages (3+), through to teenagers and sometimes adults.
The CEFR range is A1 to C1. We prepare students for the following exams: Starters, Movers, Flyers, KET, PET FCE and Advance.
Lessons are held in our 3 schools In Pomigliano, Ottaviano and Portici and, sometimes, in private houses and schools and you are driven to and picked up after each lesson.
You work 24 hours per week (but you could be asked to work more hours).
Classes usually start at 3:15pm and finish around 7:30pm (except for morning classes on two days per week).
You will always have 2 consecutive days off: Saturday - Sunday.
Christmas (2 weeks) and Easter (1 week) holidays are paid as well as Italian national holidays.
- Celta or TEFL/TESOL Certificate is required
- Teaching experience is strongly preferred but not essential. We are more interested in your experience with and motivation to teach young children.
- Being CONFIDENT and being able to have fun with YOUNG children (3+) is paramount.
- We are proud of our teaching standards and exam record are looking for quality and professionalism in terms of your approach to work.
- We require organized, energetic and confident individuals who can be creative and empathetic in the classroom. The single most important quality is rapport with your class --you need to be engaged at all times and care about your students. We need people who care about people.
Salary and Benefits
- Accommodation is provided, either a 3 bed or 2 bed shared flat in Pomigliano D'Arco (a fairly large town about 30 mins from Naples by train).
- The rent is paid by the company, but all the utility bills and internet are full responsibility of the teacher.
- Ongoing training is provided and our head teacher is available to help and support staff throughout the week. We are a very friendly and supportive team.
- Airport pickups and drop offs are free when you arrive and at the end of the year.
- There is a company office where we meet before lessons. It has a comprehensive selection of resources that you can use in your lessons (eg. flashcards, many games at various levels, a puppet theatre etc.) You are issued with your own bag, speaker, stickers, notepads and course books.
- The gross salary is 1269,00 Euros for 80 teaching hours per month AND preparation for classes.
- Each extra working hour will be paid 10,50 net.
If you are interested in working with us in September, send your CV to: email@example.com