“TEACHER FIRST, TRAVELER SECOND” - Immediate job openings.
If this statement strikes a note with you, this ad might be worth reading. As a leading ESL institution which places the experience of our students first, we are welcoming applications from those who love kids and want to make a long-lasting impact in their lives through education.
We thrive and take pride in providing a unique experience that brings job satisfaction, professional growth, new cultural experiences, as well as a sense of fulfillment, all in the beautiful, beachside paradise of Danang.
Fisher’s SuperKids is the most established and reputable English center in Danang with over 2000 students between the ages of 4 - 17. We aim to combine our 6 core values of learning, having fun, growing, caring, respect and love into the holistic experience of our students. These are factors which make us different from other schools in Vietnam.
Our center is well equipped for small class sizes (16-18 students). We approach English as a fun and engaging learning experience, while building the confidence and character of students. We are committed in maintaining a professional and supportive company culture, where teachers have constant academic support, professional growth and opportunities to get involved in extracurricular activities and charitable work.
Fisher’s Superkids is a place where you can make a real difference in the lives of many. We believe that teaching English is more than teaching a 2nd language, it’s also part of investing personally into the wellbeing and growth of students.
A big part of our mission, here at Fisher’s SuperKids, is to help and reach out to orphaned and underprivileged children, as we believe that each and every staff member has something meaningful and significant to contribute. SuperKids provide scholarships, organise outreach trips to rural villages and the mountain tribal people, and host community projects all year round.
Please visit www.fishersuperkids.com for more information and please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or you would like to hear feedback from one of our teachers before you apply.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION
In your email, include the following documents to be considered for a position:
- Cover Letter
- University Degree
- English Certificate (TEFL/ TESOL/ CELTA or equivalent)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation from former employers
- Criminal Background Check (if acquired)
- Information page of Passport
BENEFITS AND REMUNERATION:
- Classroom: Small class sizes for more effective teacher-student engagement. Every classroom is equipped with a high resolution TV screen, computer, a white board, AC, fan and teaching material.
- Academic support: Our diverse academic team consisting of Mentor Teachers, Vietnamese Teaching Assistants (for every class) and a Training Manager will provide teachers with a wealth of experience and support through teaching resources, classroom management, lesson and activity ideas and any help needed. The management team has a combination of 30 years of experience in teaching English as a second language and can provide valuable professional support for teachers.
- Professionalism: We maintain a professional working environment with a Teacher’s Room, equipped with computers and support at each center. A Lobby area, where students are created by staff and teachers, and many other departments.
- Wages: The hourly rate is above the average wage for Central Vietnam, with our teachers making more than enough to live comfortably and be able to save for the future.
- Purpose: Our main priority is to make a lifelong impact on the holistic experience of our students. Therefore, we encourage teachers to partake in projects and curriculum material which will enable them to work with a purpose. We care deeply about our students and prioritize the development of character and confidence. This is one reason why the US State Department and Consulate General chose us to implement the special program for underprivileged Vietnamese students.
- Visa: We cover the costs and take care of the process of applying for work visas and work permits (However, the costs of getting your paperwork ready to submit for the application is covered by you, and any “leg-work” of taking your documents to your embassy in order to be authenticated/notarized.)
- Reputable School: We are the most reputable school in English programs for children in central Vietnam.
- Charitable Work: We organize many charitable opportunities for teachers, staff, students and parents to get involved in reaching out to the community. Please refer to our website to see past projects.
- Legally: We are committed to fulfilling contractual terms and are truthful in dealing with teachers, parents, and students. We care about the quality of our work and strive to meet all the legal requirements for our employees in Vietnam. This will give you the peace of mind needed to enjoy work and life.
- Staff Retreat: We host an annual all staff retreat to exotic and fun places in Central Vietnam.
WHY MANY TEACHERS LOVE WORKING AND LIVING IN DANANG:
Danang is quickly becoming the destination of choice for tourists, expats, and locals alike. It’s one of the fastest growing cities in Vietnam, and it manages to mix the feel of a lazy beach town with a quickly growing, modern city. Within the last few years, Danang has experienced an explosion of growth, opening many Western-style shopping malls, restaurants, resorts, and other entertainment venues.
However, it still manages to stay true to the Vietnamese culture with its slower pace of life and ease of access to beautiful secluded beaches, mountains, rivers, and natural resources. You can have opportunities to escape the city life and explore the pristine natural beauty of Vietnam within a 20-minute drive.
Danang’s central location also allows many travel opportunities all over Vietnam and South-East Asia, with the centrality and easy accessibility of Danang’s International Airport. So whether you prefer the excitement of the city or the seclusion of nature, Danang is a wonderful place to live.
Watch us in action:
About Danang – The most talked about place in Vietnam at the moment
“My name is Bronwyn. I am from South Africa and have called Da Nang, Vietnam my home since May 2016. I studied a Bachelor’s Degree in English and Education as well as a Postgraduate Certificate in Early Childhood Education (specializing in learners from birth to 9 years old). I am also TEFL certified.
I have been working at Fisher's since July 2016 and I am so happy to have found an English Centre that has a deep love and care for the students and their growth. Fisher's SuperKids is more than an English Centre, it is like a specialized school environment. Moving from South Africa this was the most important aspect for me when applying to schools. Due to the great environment, my passion for teaching and love for the learners continues to grow daily. I love the structure and support which Fisher’s provides to all Teachers. The Academic team assists each teacher with the material, ideas and classroom management. The constant support and professionalism make Fisher’s a dream job for any person who has a teacher’s heart.