Full-time Faculty Position: English Language & Literature
(Applicable only to in-country residents)
1. Name of University
The Catholic University of Korea ¡V English Language & Literature
Non-Tenure-Track: starting from Aug. 26, 2019(subject to change)
1) Academic Credentials: Master's degree required. TESOL or related field preferred (e.g., Applied linguistics, Communication, Linguistics, etc.)
2) Teaching Experience: Minimum of two years' experience teaching ESL/EFL at the university level
3) Additional Experience: Scholarship&Creative Activities and Service Commitment.
** Each candidate must be a foreign citizen and will be expected to lecture in English. Excellent competence in oral and written English is essential for each position, and native-level competence will be regarded as highly desirable in assessing applications.
1) Teaching : 12 hours of teaching English Culture/English Writing&Speaking per week during the regular semester.
2) Research: Conduct research projects
3) Service: Lead and participate in Department-sponsored activities, student counseling
5. Terms of contract, compensation, and benefits
1) Period of contract: Two years with the possibility of renewal.
2) Salary: Salary is commensurate with the highest degree earned and experience.
3) Health Insurance
6. Application acceptable from Apr. 12 to Apr. 26, 2019
* Applications and all the required documents MUST be received by the deadline via
E-mail. FAX OR MAIL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
7. Documents to submit:
- An application form with your photograph attached
(Downloadable at https://www.catholic.ac.kr/front/boardview.do?pkid=101842¤tP age=1&searchField=ALL&searchValue=&searchLowItem=ALL&bbsCon figFK=38&cmsDirPkid=2095&cmsLocalPkid=0)
- A list of all your publications
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Photocopy of diploma
- Official academic transcripts(from all the institutions of higher education you have attended)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Photocopy of the first page of your passport
- A photocopy of alien registration card
- A Copy of Criminal Record
„W Documents Required for Residence Extension (E-2 Visa) in Immigration offices:
(1) Criminal record
- must be issued by National or Federal Government.
- must have 'Apostille' or 'Verification of Korean Consul in your country'
- must have 'Apostille' or 'Verification of Korean Consul in your country¡¦
To apply for this position, you must have a proper criminal record and transcripts which Korea immigration offices can accept according to the newly revised policy which went into effect.
8. Mailing Address and Inquiry
Faculty Service Team
H-109, Michael building
The Catholic University of Korea, 43 Jibong-ro
Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do 14662, South Korea
The Catholic University of Korea is located in Bucheon, Korea and 40 minutes away from downtown Seoul by subway.
Email - email@example.com