Academia Superior-Idiomas (ASI) is seeking motivated, TEFL-certified teachers capable of meeting our high standards for our English education program. ASI offers a 24-month program regular program; a 36-month, intensive weekend program; and a course for children from families who cannot typically afford English classes.
ASI teachers will:
- Teach one or more two- or four-hour classes of up to 15 students
- ASI offers English classes on weekday evenings and also on the weekend
- Take part in marketing the ASI English Program
- Take part in creating and editing the English books and workbooks distributed to students for daily use in the classroom
- Take part in teacher training activities
- Take part in efforts to evaluate the English program
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certification – Certification course can be in progress at the time of application
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Free four-hour intensive Spanish classes offered Monday – Friday
- Free housing in one of our residences with fellow interns and Spanish students
- Excursions arranged by ASI staff
- Participation in ASI events (e.g., barbecue, weekly salsa lessons)
Teaching positions are unpaid, but ASI teachers have an opportunity to develop their teaching skills while learning Spanish from the native Spanish speakers who teach our classes. ASI also houses its teachers with other ASI interns free of charge.
ASI is located in Pimentel, Peru, a small beach town 15 minutes away from Chiclayo, the fourth largest city in Peru. Pimentel and Chiclayo are a bus ride away from nearby historical and cultural sites and other cities including Chachapoyas, Cajamarca, and Trujillo. ASI will assist teachers interested in visiting those or other sites nearby. Apply today for an opportunity to teach, learn Spanish, and explore northern Perú.
Duration: 3-12 months
Start date: Open
Getting excited? We are looking forward to your application. Send us an E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org