IDEAL English Academy is a respected and highly professional private language school in Bangkok. Our English Programs are renowned for being creative, inspiring and will captivate the students desire to learn. The students who learn with us become confident, capable and aspiring English language users.
We are looking for dynamic, inspirational Filipina Substitute Teacher.
Starting salary 21,000฿ – 23,000฿ (ref. Sub1)
This is an opportunity to join a simply remarkable team of not only English teachers, but Science, Math’s, Business, and Art Teachers. All of our English departments pride themselves on excellent student results and you will benefit from the support of many experienced Head Teachers, as well as a number of outstanding teachers. You will need to be creative in your approach to teaching and learning, with the ability to inspire pupils and maintain a commitment to high standards.
This is a full time position so you would be teaching up to 24 periods per week with additional hours for admin duties and lesson planning/activities. As this post is a sub teacher, you will need to be diverse in your subjects. One period you might be teaching EP English G1 then next G10 Biology, so your knowledge is what we value most of all.
We are looking for teachers who have
• A deep caring about students and commitment to the teaching profession and ethics.
• A demonstrated cultural understanding and respect and a desire to live and work in Thailand.
• A sense of adventure and an interest in contributing to the success of our client schools and students.
• A well balanced, flexible and adaptable nature.
• A good role model for students and colleagues, demonstrating high personal standards at all times.
• Professionalism at school as fitting for a teacher at an academically oriented private school in Thailand.
• Be able to plan, organizing and preparing classes, including developing detailed lesson plans.
Innovative and receptive to new ideas and opportunities for professional development.
• Develop learning materials that support the learning objectives and planned activities.
• Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Education from an Accredited University.
• Minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
•TOEIC Score of 800+
What we can offer you
The benefits of working with IDEAL English Academy are self-explanatory. You get to live and work in 'Beautiful Thailand' while teaching some of the best kids in the world.
• Monday to Friday 8am-4pm work week.
• 12-month renewable contract with a salary increase (renewal of contract and increase is subject to yearly performance).
• End of contract bonus.
• Non B visa extension and Work Permit supplied by IDEAL.
• 20 days’ holiday per year, with an additional 13 public holidays plus Christmas break, all paid.
• AIA Health and medical insurance cover.
• Free meals
The school is located within walking distance from Queen Sirikit or Khlong Toei MRT stations in the heart of central Bangkok.
How to apply
Please quote Sub1 on the subject line, then email the following documents to Human Resources at IDEAL English Academy firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Cover letter and CV
2. Scanned copy of university degree/transcripts and TOEIC score
3. Scanned copy of the photo page in your passport and current visa stamp
Please note that we have a two stage interview process and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and a pre-interview test. If you are contacted, please make sure you bring the originals of the above documents on the day of your interview. A teaching demonstration is also required.
IDEAL English Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please also note that as part of the company's recruitment procedure the successful candidate will undergo background checks.
For more information about our company and our programs, please visit our company website at http://www.engideal.com to find out more.