Edutech Academic Manager Position in Vietnam
To lead Edutech implementation in the classrooms across all centers by managing the introduction and integration of education technologies including IWBs, digital learning platforms, other software and tools related to learning and education. To provide training and implementation plan and to oversee, monitor and evaluate tech platforms and infrastructure. To create a structure and culture where Edutech and digital literacy are an integral part of ILA’s teaching and learning methodology.
• Deadline for applications: February 16th, 2014
• Position start date: April 2014 (TBC)
• Ensuring hardware and software installation and set up meets academic requirements
• Understanding requirements of academic department and teachers and bringing in software/hardware solutions for digital learning
• Promote use of technology and bring tech literacy among teachers and academic department
• Schedule Edutech training for relevant academic and supporting departments staff
• Developing and maintain training materials that maximize digital learning in the classroom in accordance with ILA’s technology vision;
• Oversee and coordinate teachers’ Edutech project work;
• Monitor the use of non-teaching hours used for project work in accordance with departmental budgets
• Oversee and maintain all relevant digital teaching and learning folders
• Project management
• Any other related duties as delegated by the CAM
• MA in TESOL with focus on educational use of technology;
• clear police record;
• Native English speaker;
• Extensive experience in ELT (both young learners and adults) using tech tools; experience in managing and/or implementing Edutech in similar settings;
• Extensive knowledge of applications of websites in educational setting.
• Familiarity with setting up and customizing LMS, CMS, Blogs, and similar web-solutions for educational purpose
• Experience in tools/software for digital learning content creation
• High level of organizational and self-discipline skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to work smoothly with staff from different nationalities
• Ability to work independently
• Basic knowledge of PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, and LAMP server framework is desired
• Competent using: all Microsoft programmes (particularly Microsoft Project and Microsoft Publisher), Activinspire, iSpring, Dropbox, Prezzie, Edmodo – or equivalent software
• Willingness to travel locally
• A self starter with a passion for technology in education
Remuneration and Benefits:
ILA Vietnam offers a highly competitive financial and benefits package which is based on qualifications and experience.
Highlights of the Financial Package
• Visa and work permits organised and paid for by ILA
• Paid holidays (approximately 30 days per annum including national holidays)
• Relocation allowance
• Contract completion bonus
• Performance pay
• Annual salary progression review, based on performance
Initial training and on-going support will be provided by the Country Academic Manager.
Applicants should forward the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Full updated CV
• Copy of passport page with details and photograph
• Cover letter explaining how your qualifications and experience relate to the above criteria and reasons for applying for the position and brief information/examples of any similar projects done in the past
Due to government regulations regarding work permits you will need to bring:
• The original copies of your MA degree. Photocopies are not acceptable.
• A clean police clearance certificate (PCC) from your home country. If you don't already have such a certificate, you need to apply for one before coming to Vietnam and arrange to have it sent to our address at ILA. Please ask us if you need help with this procedure.
• Your MA degree and PCC must be notarized, apostiled by the department of foreign affairs (or equivalent) and the Vietnamese Embassy in your home country.
• You won't need these documents to enter Vietnam, but you will need to give these to us within 1 month of your arrival so that we can process a work permit for you. In short, bringing the above documents with you will enable you to be legally employed in Vietnam.
• You will also need to provide references to prove 5 years management experience in a relevant field.