EFL YOUNG LEARNER and YOUNG ADULT ENGLISH AS FOREIGN LANGUAGE (EFL)/ENGLISH AS LINGUA FRANCA (ELF) TEACHING POSITION at THE AMERICAN LANGUAGE CENTER TANGIER for THE SCHOOL YEAR 2019-2020
The American Language Center Tangier is looking for full-time classroom teachers (21-24 contact hours per week) who are familiar with and supportive of communicative, student-centered language instruction. This entails managing a student-centered classroom with regular, varied pair work and group work activities, games, and in-class task-based projects. We are in search of teachers who keep teacher talk time to a minimum and manage class time efficiently.
ALC Tangier is a member of the American Cultural Association Morocco, a private, non-profit association with 12 language centers located throughout the country. Classrooms are equipped flat-screen TVs with USB ports, computers, wifi, and AC. Our computer room is stocked with supplementary materials.
Professional development opportunities offered through the ALC include in-house workshops and participation in our annual all-ALC TEFL Conference.
- L1 or L2 English language user
- B.A. degree
- CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL, TESOL Via Lingua, Peace Corps’ TEFL certification, SIT TESOL Certificate or equivalent min 120-hour, classroom-based TEFL certification that includes practical teaching with real learners.
- L1 users must document a minimum of two years’ overseas general EFL teaching experience (full-time), preferably with adolescents, young adolescents and children.
- L2 users must provide proof of IELTS Band 8 or aggregate TOEFL ≥ 110 certification attained within the past two years (December 2016 or later).
Teaching experience in the following areas: university level instruction, ESL, EAP, Business English, test-prep, tutorial (one-on-one or very small group) and short-term substitution is relevant but meaningfully different from our core activity and is therefore assigned less weight in assessing experience and overall suitability for this position.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Locally competitive hourly rates by contact hour and benefits
Other opportunities available:
• Leading clubs for students - weekly meetings conducted in English on a wide variety of topics (such as US History & Culture or Movies).
• Assisting with projects such as lesson plan editing and involvement in our community service club
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION: Send
• a current CV
• a 1-page cover letter briefly describing your teaching philosophy and why you would like to work with ALC Tangier
• scanned copies of relevant diplomas & certificates including recent (December 2016 or later) IELTS band 8 and/or aggregate TOEFL score ≥ 110 certification for L2 users
• two letters of recommendation from supervisors (with their professional e-mail addresses) to:
*Note: Only candidates who meet our criteria and who submit the above documentation will be contacted for this position.
Please visit our website (www.alctangier.org) for general information and our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ALC.Tangier/