Private After School English Academy (Hakwon)
Teaching Position/Job Opening
At Lingo English Academy we are seeking to employ experienced and energetic teachers who are passionate about providing great English education to grade-school/elementary students. We are looking for teachers to join us in 2019-2020.
We provide a great working environment and complete support system for our teachers to fully enhance their instructing skills and abilities. Creative methods and techniques to instill positive learning of the curriculum are encouraged at our school. Western-style teaching methods, American textbooks, and a variety of workbooks for vocabulary, grammar, phonics, and reading are used.
All teachers are expected to hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, and be completely fluent (native speaker level) in the English language. Necessary documents for employment in Korea (criminal background check, and health check) must be provided by all full-time and part-time instructors before employment.
- Location: Gyeonggi Province, Gimpo City Poongmu-Ro 166
- contract duration of one year
- severance bonus of one-month’s salary upon completion of one-year contract
- 50% of the national healthcare coverage
- 50% of the national pension plan
- maximum 30 hours of teaching a week
- paid public holidays (all national holidays)
- one week paid vacation per year
- 1~2.6 million won salary per month depending on experience and educational background (negotiable) with housing allowance added if housing is not needed.
- an hour of preparation time before classes begin
- part-time work is also available
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- manage classes of 8-10 students
- upload a week’s worth of homework onto the website a week in advance
- fill out monthly student evaluations
- create supplementary lesson plans (main curriculum already in place)
- hold parent-teacher meetings during consultation periods
- have phone consultations when necessary/asked
- attend monthly teacher-staff meetings
- create materials and/or assignment sheets for subjects taught if asked