Full-Time Adult EFL Teaching Positions in Seongnam & Seoul: Nov. - Jan. Start Dates
YBM Language Institutes is searching for dynamic and professional instructors to join its team in Seongnam and Seoul. Instructors with the adult EFL programs are offered contracts whose conditions are guaranteed by its corporate office (no franchises) and supported by a company whose reputation is second to none.
Working with English speaking academic supervisors and administrative staff, instructors are provided with complete support and assistance to help students meet their language development goals through Speaking, Topic Discussion, Business English, and English for Academic Purposes classes. Instructors make use of commercially published texts, standardized lessons / supplements, and materials designed by teachers themselves.
Small group and one-to-one classes with adult learners provide each instructor with a meaningful teaching experience as well as opportunities for professional development.
LOCATIONS & START DATES
All positions listed below are for full-time instructors. Applicants must be available to attend paid training sessions in the last week of the month preceding their intended start dates. Teaching begins as of the first weekday on or closest to the 1st of the month.
• YBM Bundang – December, January
• YBM Gangnam – November, January
• YBM Kondae - December
• PREPAID, round trip airfare to and from Korea.
• Base salary up to 2.4 million won per month.
• Key money for housing deposit PLUS monthly housing allowance.
• Severance bonus equal to one month’s salary, per year of employment.
• 15 days paid vacation + Korean national holidays.
• Paid pre-service training and accommodations.
• Visa processing costs reimbursed.
• Employer contributions to national medical insurance and pension plans.
• Six 50-minute classes per day, 25 teaching hours per week, Monday – Friday.
• Opportunities for Saturday classes.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Positive, energetic outlook and demeanor.
• Demonstrated student/service oriented experience (preferred).
• Formal EFL teaching experience with adult learners, and/or CELTA, TEFL certification (preferred).
• Hold a valid passport and undergraduate diploma from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand,
South Africa, the United States, or the United Kingdom.
To apply for any of the positions above, email the following documents to the national academic director for YBM Language Institutes at firstname.lastname@example.org :
• Cover letter & resume (including contact information, educational/employment history, and employment references).
• Scanned copy of passport information page
• Scanned copy of federal-level criminal record check, no older than six-months from time
of issuance, with affixed apostille (notarized copy of a fingerprint-based RCMP check for Canadian citizens).
• Scanned copy of university diploma with affixed apostille (notarized for Canadian citizens).
• Recent photo.
• Indication of preferred starting dates and locations (see above listings).
• If residing / working in Korea: scanned copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back),
signed and dated letter of release from employer, and copies of the above mentioned documents as
previously submitted to the Korea Immigration Services.
The complete set of documents is required for all applicants, regardless of intended full or part-time position, current visa status, and prior length of stay in the Republic of Korea. No interviews will be scheduled for any position unless all the documents listed above are submitted via email.
Founded in 1961, YBM publishes the Korean language edition of National Geographic, and is official test administrator for the TOEIC and the Microsoft Office User exams in Korea. As the largest and most respected educational service provider in Korea, YBM offers upwardly mobile career opportunities throughout its publishing, testing, and academies divisions.